HÀ NỘI — Minister of Health Nguyễn Thanh Long on Friday held talks with visiting Professor Stewart Cole, President of the Pasteur Institute in Paris.
Affirming that Việt Nam attaches great importance to health cooperation and its relationship with both the Pasteur Institute and France in general, Minister Long expressed gratitude for the valuable support of the French Government, the Pasteur Institute, and Prof. Stewart Cole from the Vietnamese health sector, especially in receiving Vietnamese doctors to practise in French hospitals and the provision of COVID-19 vaccines and medical equipment.
In the future, the health minister suggested further cooperation between the two sides, especially between the Paris-based Pasteur Institute, the Pasteur institute network and Việt Nam-based Pasteur institutes, on researching emerging diseases, as well as fields like molecular biology, immunology, drug resistance of bacteria and viruses, detection of new pathogens, and research and development of prophylactic/therapeutic products.
For human resource development, the Vietnamese health minister suggested that the Paris-based Pasteur Institute provide more scholarships in doctoral training for staff at Việt Nam-based Pasteur institutes, especially in the fields of molecular biology and immunology, cytology, medical bioinformatics, epidemiology, and public health, among others.
Agreeing with Minister Long's proposals on fields of cooperation, Prof. Stewart Cole stressed that the Paris Pasteur Institute stands ready to bolster cooperation with the Vietnamese side in the health sector, especially in human resource exchange and training, conducting joint research projects, sharing research results. This applies particularly to the fields of vaccines and diagnostic biological products for the prevention and rapid detection of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
He said France would reserve study courses on vaccine research and development for young candidates from Pasteur institutes in Việt Nam.
The French professor noted that Việt Nam has a special place in the Pasteur network, given that there are no countries in the world with three Pasteur institutes, including France.
The HCM City Pasteur Institute, established in 1891, was also the first one to be set up outside of France, followed by the Pasteur Institute in Nha Trang and Hà Nội’s Pasteur Institute, which is now renamed the National Institute for Hygiene and Epidemiology. — VNS
- Việt Nam, US agree to further cooperation in handling common challenges
- Russian ambassador hails ties with ASEAN under Việt Nam’s chairmanship
- Contest strengthens disease prevention communication for ethnic small traders
- Việt Nam hosts meeting to share experience with incoming UN Security Council members
- Appointment decisions handed over to new health, science and technology ministers & central bank governor
- Việt Nam selected as only Asian pilot country in new global healthcare partnership
- Việt Nam strengthens movement against antimicrobial resistance
- Remote examination and treatment project a breakthrough for health sector
- APEC Ministers Issue Joint Statement
- Vietnamese, Cambodian PMs talk on strengthening relations
- International workshop promotes active ageing, mental health in ASEAN
- Space technology contributes to Việt Nam’s development
- Britain's third coronavirus case caught disease in SINGAPORE: Middle-aged British businessman walked into A&E in Brighton days after flying home before being whisked off to quarantine in London
- France to tightly control lockdown easing with Europe wary of festive surge
- Covid tier system for England under review, says minister
- Further evidence emerges that China hid coronavirus truth from the world as study says Covid was circulating in Italy in September 2019
- Vietnam likely to become super-aging country by 2050: deputy minister
- ASEAN member countries promote practical defence cooperation
- DEATHS FROM ‘STRANGE DISEASE’: 222 suspected cases of Yellow Fever, over 100m unvaccinated at risk
- CM Arvind Kejriwal seeks Centre's cooperation in tackling COVID-19 situation in Delhi
Việt Nam wants to strengthen cooperation with France on emerging infectious diseases: health minister have 617 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.