Hanoi (VNA) – Winners of the 2022 "De Men" (Cricket) Award for Children will be announced at a ceremony on May 31, during which seven art works and items will be auction ed to raise funds to build or repair schools in mountainous areas.
They include the jersey with all signatures of the Vietnamese national football team that championed the AFF Suzuki Cup 2018, the jersey of player Duy Manh – Ambassador of the "Schools for children" programme, a silk painting by artist Bui Tien Tuan, an oil painting by Pham An Hai, another by Pham Duy Quynh, a watch branded Ernest Borel GS8380C-22, and a Vespa motorbike decorated by painter Le Kinh Tai.
The auction for the "Schools for children" programme was launched by the Vietnam News Agency's The thao va Van hoa (Sports & Culture) newspaper on April 14 to connect artists, donors and the educational sector of localities so as to build or repair schools in far-flung areas, with the first targeted one being Huoi Khoang, which belongs to Hoa Mai kindergarten in Nam Man commune, Song Ma district, the northern mountainous province of Son La.
After more than one month, the organisers received nearly 60 works and items. The newspaper organised three online auctions from May 19-22, with over 210 million VND (9,050 USD) raised./.
- Cargill rebuilds school in Quảng Trị
- Hanoi hosts month of art practice
- New York family buys Cole Porter's table for $18,000 at Waldorf Astoria auction after eating Christmas dinner at it for years - as 80,000 items from the NYC landmark sell for $1.5 million
- How YOU made Britain proud: More than 40million items of vital PPE for hospitals, care homes and charities, and £11.7m donated by generous readers and benefactors... Now PM and NHS chief lead praise for 'historic' Mail Force campaign
- Going... going... up! Boom time for auction houses as lockdown Britons turned to online shopping for bargains
- Meek Mill and Michael Rubin create $2million scholarship fund to benefit underprivileged kids in Philadelphia
- Mum faked having cancer and made up after-death plans for kids in bid to raise £20k
- Dantri/DTiNews readers help to repair mountainous classrooms after floods
- Hà Nội hosts month of art practice
- We highlight the amazing charities who shared The Sun’s £1m Birthday Fund
- City, parish councils adopt 2020-21 budget, restore funds for recreation, Cajundome, police training
- ROBERT HARDMAN: Triumph of the Tree Angels! School orchards funded by £500,000 raised in Mail campaign are being planted and already bringing a harvest of joy
- Let's find a better way to fund a resilient arts and culture sector
- Baton Rouge school board mulling land for new school in St. George, overhaul of University Terrace
- 'Disastrous' Covid cycle lanes in Kensington High Street will be torn up after just seven weeks
- Melania Trump 'just wants to go home' and has already asked what taxpayer funds she gets when she leaves office - despite her husband claiming he will have a second term
- Shut pubs and lockdown NOW for at least a month - or Xmas is cancelled: SAGE says Tier 3 ISN'T working and warns second wave death toll will TOP worst-case scenario of 85,000 - as UK records 274 more deaths and 24,405 cases
- Cop Show Fans Are Donating Thousands to the National Bail Fund
- Parish leaders resurrect tax initiative to fund Baton Rouge mental health facility
- Accused killer is father of slain Baton Rouge school administrator's unborn child, police report
Seven art works, items to be auctioned to raise funds for mountainous schools have 562 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.