Present at the event were VNDPKO Director Major General Hoang Kim Phung, Director of Military Hospital 175 Major General Nguyen Hong Son, the Australian Defense Attaché to Vietnam, representatives of Air Division 370, international delegates, and relatives of the field hospital's staff.
At 01:30 on May 27, the military transport aircraft C-17 Globemaster III of the Royal Australian Air Force carrying the second group of the L2FH Rotation 3's staff landed at Tan Son Nhat International Airport. Earlier, the first group of the hospital's members arrived home on April 30. After undergoing a rapid COVID-19 testing, the Vietnamese peacekeepers attended a welcoming ceremony chaired by leaders of the VNDPKO and Military Hospital 175.
In a cozy and solemn atmosphere, leaders of units expressed their delight at the L2FH Rotation 3's significant outcomes, which have contributed to raising the quality of defense external relations and diplomatic activities.
Speaking at the welcoming ceremony, Military Hospital 175's Director Nguyen Hong Son affirmed that outstanding achievements obtained by the L2FH Rotation 3's staff were the pride of their unit, comrades and families. He took the occasion to thank the VNDPKO, international agencies, and relevant units for their coordination in holding the ceremony.
According to Lieutenant Colonel Trinh My Hoa, Director of the L2FH Rotation 3, the unit has completely handed over their duties to the L2FH Rotation 4 as regulated. He said that after completing mission at the U.N. Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), all members of the hospital have preserved sentiment, culture, and solidarity which have been nurtured over the past time.
After the welcoming ceremony, all members of the second group of the field hospital went through entry procedures as regulated and were taken to Military Hospital 175.
The L2FH Rotation 3 was founded in November 2019. On March 23, 2021, the field hospital officially headed for UNMISS to take on U.N. peacekeeping duties. With great efforts, high sense of responsibility, and the spirit of constantly learning, the field hospital's staff overcame all difficulties, fulfilled all tasks, and brightened the noble image of the Vietnamese military medical staff and Uncle Ho's soldiers among international friends and the U.N.
Together with their professional activities, the hospital well conducted mass mobilization activities, including planting trees at local schools, presenting gifts and organizing games for local children, and making toys from plastic bottles for children, among others.
Members of the hospital took full advantage of spare land to grow vegetables to improve their living standards. A tree-planting movement was launched with around 150 fruit trees planted on the hospital's compound.
For their contribution, all members of the L2FH Rotation 3 were honored with U.N. medal for service. Many staff of the hospital were presented with certificates of merit by UNMISS's leaders.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Second plane-load of Britons fleeing deadly coronovirus arrive back in UK on evacuation flight from Wuhan heading for 14 days of quarantine - as officials hunt for 480 travellers from the Chinese city who are 'LOST' in Britain
- US and Taliban sign peace deal that will send ALL American troops home in 14 months and pave way to end of 18-year Afghanistan war
- Nursing home in lockdown after carer, 50, is diagnosed with coronavirus exposing dozens of elderly residents to infection
- CDC: Quarantine lifted for first group of coronavirus evacuees at Lackland
- Worried families blast Washington nursing home where one man has died from coronavirus and 50 more are ill for 'not testing patients and ignoring phone calls' - as it emerges facility has history of failing to control the spread of illness
- Countries start sending Koreans home or isolating them
- Family arrive at £2.5k-a-week Booking.com Hollywood villa to find it’s still a building site
- Global virus death toll tops 3,000 as second man dies in US
- Kim Kardashian showcases a SECOND Balmain latex outfit hot off the designer's runway show in Paris
- Newman: Ryan Rolison, future pillar of Rockies’ rotation, makes Cactus League debut
- Ellen White’s double sinks Japan and seals top spot in group for England
- Grim prediction 100,000 Australians could DIE from coronavirus after seven new cases are diagnosed with a second human-to-human transfer - as supermarkets ration toilet paper amid panic buying
- Is Britain heading for a coronavirus lockdown? England sports fixtures are under threat, schools shut and workers sent home amid fear and confusion over dangers of travelling to and from Europe
- Four MORE Australians test positive for deadly coronavirus after infected people arrived from Iran and Singapore - taking the tally to 38
- Westpac and Commonwealth will pass on historic Reserve Bank cuts to home owners making mortgages cheaper
- 'How do I convince the Home Office I'm a lesbian?'
- Inside the Grêmio academy, home of Brazil's brightest young footballers
- Love Island: 'Now I have three children!' Luke T's mother warmly welcomes Siânnise into the family after the couple finish in second place
- Man in his 70s becomes second U.S. death from coronavirus at the same hospital near Seattle where first victim died, as New York City confirms its first infected patient and nationwide cases hits 77
- Why Is This Tiny African Country The Second-Biggest Source Of Migrants Crossing The Mediterranean?
Second group of L2FH Rotation 3 arrives home have 850 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.