According to Animals Asia, the new centre will be built in the Bach Ma National Park, located between the cities of Hue and Danang. It will be a home for 300 gall bears. With this new centre, Animals Asia hopes to rescue these last 300 Vietnamese gall bears, bringing a memorable end to the bear bile industry in Vietnam.
The new centre will have a total area of 12.7 hectares with 12 houses for bears and 12 semi-wild areas. The project has an investment of about USD 10.50 million funded by AAF and is expected to be completed by 2026.
The second bear sanctuary is planned while the first one located in Tam Dao National Park in northern Vinh Phuc Province is getting overloaded after being opened 14 years ago.
Animals Asia started their bear rescue activities in Vietnam in 2007. As many as 239 bears have been rescued so far in the country and 192 are being cared for in Tam Dao National Park.
Statistics from the Vietnamese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development show that there are some 310 bears being kept at farms nationwide. The ministry has signed a memorandum of understanding with Animals Asia to completely end bear farming in the country and move all the bears to their rescue centres.
- Animal rescue centre is forced to call in police after being branded a 'kill centre' in torrent of online abuse for putting down 'fit and healthy' boxer called Kody that injured three staff
- AirTrunk to open second Sydney data centre
- A one-man rescue mission in Vietnam War
- Two bears freed from 20 years of cage life in Vietnam
- Black bear enjoys freedom after 10 years behind bars in Vietnam
- 3 moon bears freed after nearly 20 years behind bars in Vietnam
- A legal framework for water supply essential in Vietnam
- Vietnam track stars run away with golds at SEA Games
- Explained: The meaning of Sushma's Vietnam visit
- Railway stations must stay in city centres: experts
- Weekly roundup: Vietnam's trash dilemma, exam fraud, trekking guide and more
- HCM City to build eight new logistic centres
- Experts call for risk management to boost Vietnam-Africa trade
- AEON hosts grand opening of largest shopping mall in Vietnam to date
- Japanese zipper-maker YKK to open second Vietnam plant
- Legal framework for water supply essential in Vietnam
- Thai Navy’s shooting of Vietnam fishing boats "against int'l laws": foreign ministry
- Prudential commits long-term investment in Vietnam
- Cam Ranh airport to open second runway next week
- The world's most expensive car is at the centre of a trans-Atlantic legal battle between US lawyer who sold the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO to a London supercar dealer for £37m WITHOUT its original gearbox
Second bear rescue centre to be built in Vietnam have 460 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.