Ha repeatedly went behind the Singaporean rival but managed to bounce back to claim a 15-11 win at the end. It is the first time she has topped an individual event at SEA Games.
She said she was very happy and wanted to dedicate the gold medal to her coaches and teammates as well as the Vietnamese fans.
She has just been back for training after a eight-month maternity leave.
Head coach Pham Anh Tuan said he is confident that Vietnam's fencing team will be able to earn five golds at this year's SEA Games.
- Curling: Gold medal bid adds extra spice to big year
- Taekwondo: Great Britian ahtlete Christian McNeish silences Sofia crowd to claim gold reward at Sofia Open
- Taekwondo: Great Britain athlete Christian McNeish silences Sofia crowd to claim gold reward at Sofia Open
- Young Leatherhead skiing sensation ploughs on after claiming gold at English Alpine Championships
- Norwich butcher claims three gold medals
- King’s Lynn’s Harry claims gold and silver
- Etko planning to follow up medal from Glasgow with winning finale to competitive career Down Under
- Russia beat Germany 4-3 to win Olympic men's hockey gold
- Lizzie Yarnold strikes Gold again to make Winter Olympics History
- Greg Rutherford to miss Commonwealth Games over lack of preparation
- Jack Laugher training hard before tilt at Commonwealth Games glory
- "He has done no research" — Dundee video games figures ridicule Donald Trump's violence claims
- Emmanuel Nartey leads University of East London gold rush at British Universities and Colleges Sport National Championships
- Medals galore and international call-ups for Colchester and District Fencing Club
- Bjoergen strikes gold again to take her overall Olympics medal tally to 15
- Winter Olympics: Christie and Hirscher go for gold as Fuller is blown off course
- Who is Jessica Ennis-Hill? Olympic heptathlon gold medallist who’s pregnant with a second child – all you need to know
- Dave Kidd: Great Britain’s systematic targeting of Olympic medals surpasses totalitarian regimes of old Soviet Bloc and China
- Zagitova gives OAR first Pyeongchang gold
- Who is Dina Asher-Smith, what are her record times, what medals has she won and how did she break her foot?
SEA Games 31: Vietnam claims third gold medal in fencing have 344 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.