Hanoi (VNA) – The media in Thailand ran many articles on the women's football final between their country and hosts Vietnam at SEA Games 31 on May 21.
In its story, the Daily News said the final, held on Cam Pha Stadium of Quang Ninh province, was a game between equally talented teams, but Vietnam were in the lead thanks to a goal by Huynh Nhu at the 59th minute to grab the gold medal.
The newspaper also mentioned the Vietnamese team's top place in the region for seven times, including golds at three consecutive SEA Games. Meanwhile, Thailand earned the silver medal for straight three times and the gold at the region's biggest sporting event for five times.
Siam Sports reported despite encouragement from Nuanphan Lamsam, nicknamed "Madam Pang" – manager of Thailand's football teams, who promised bonuses for the female footballers if they won the final, they once again failed to defeat Vietnamese rivals.
Therefore, the men's football final on May 22 will be a chance for Thailand to "recover the debt" from Vietnam, according to Siam Sports.
Covering the match, Thairath cited Thailand's coach Miyo Okatomo as saying that prior to the final, she had told her players about the enthusiastic atmosphere created by Vietnamese fans, and that they needed to keep calm.
This game revealed many things they need to improve, especially the situation leading to their loss, she said, noting that the Thai team had created many goal-scoring chances but failed to grasp.
It was now the time for his team to return to Thailand and focus on preparing for coming tournaments, including the World Cup play-offs, she added./.
- Head coach Park punished for Sea Games red card
- Vietnam coach slams referee after goalless draw with Indonesia at SEA Games
- SEA Games: Vietnam brush aside Thailand to defend gold medal in women’s football
- Invincible Vietnam destroy Indonesia to claim historic gold medal in SEA Games men's football
- Vietnam trounce Timor Leste 4-0 in SEA Games opener
- Tayla Harris says trolls' social media comments on AFLW photo were 'sexual abuse'
- Three footballers pitch up in Forbes Vietnam's 30 Under 30
- Goalie Kim Thanh – steel shield of women’s football team
- Vietnamese women advance in Olympic football qualification
- Tantrum costs Vietnam’s football head coach $5,000, 4-match suspension
- Vietnam take Myanmar seriously in women’s football qualifier for Tokyo 2020
- Tokyo Olympics qualifiers: Vietnam women outplayed by South Korea, tougher opponent awaits
- Real Sociedad women bemoan gulf in class after 10-1 thrashing by Barcelona
- Southern Section D1 semifinals headline MaxPreps California Top 5 high school football Games of the Week
- Report: Defending Texas state champion North Shore, California power De La Salle to meet in 2020 high school football opener
- Saturday scores are in: California high school football playoff scoreboard
- Who needs football when Premier League winter break provides prime content?
- Asian Games 2018, Day 5 Highlights: Shardul Vihan Wins Double Trap Silver; Bronze In Kabaddi, Tennis
- Chilling video shows Thai shopping mall gunman grinning on a shooting range before he launched his deadly attack, killing 26 and injuring 57 in a fury over a land deal gone wrong, before he was shot dead
- Vietnam beaten by South Korea in women’s football qualifier for Tokyo 2020
SEA Games 31: Thai media comment on Vietnam’s win in women’s football final have 573 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.