Hanoi (VNA) – Amid the Fourth Industrial Revolution , the Party has defined that science-technology and innovation development is a strategic breakthrough for national development, and the contingent of scientists is the core of this process, stated President Nguyen Xuan Phuc at a ceremony held in Hanoi on May 21 to honour 106 outstanding intellectuals in the field of science and technology in 2022.
“The dream of a prosperous Vietnam can only be realised under the guidance of the light of knowledge,” he said.
He hailed the VUSTA’s role in connecting Vietnamese scientists inside and outside the country over the past 40 years, significantly contributing to the country's socio-economic development, political and security-defence stability.
He noted that so far, the union has gathered more than 3.7 million experts, including 2.2 million in the field of science and technology, accounting for 32.5 percent of the total intellectual number of the country.
The contingent of scientists have built up the national innovative capacity, the President said, noting that last year, Vietnam became one of the top 45 leading countries in the world in terms of innovation, and took the lead in the list of middle-income economies in Global Innovation Index (GII).
He asked the VUSTA, as the representative body for scientists and intellectuals, and an important part of the country's political system, should play a greater role in giving advice to the Party, State and Government on science-technology and innovation policies as well as financial mechanisms to better unite Vietnamese intellectuals, contributing to successfully realise national development goals in the new period.
At the ceremony, President Phuc, National Assembly Vice Chairman Nguyen Duc Hai and VUSTA leaders presented the title of Outstanding Science and Technology Intellectual to the 106 exemplary intellectuals./.
- Vietnam aiming to boost its innovation index
- Innovation is the key
- Union Cabinet gives nod for empowered technology group to fix tech woes
- Human 'mini-brains' slow at developing among primates
- Scientists reveal technique to make 'unlimited renewable energy' by boosting photosynthesis using a 'dormant' chemical found in algae
- Our laws should be friendly to ICT innovators
- Use innovation and technology to better common man’s life: VP Venkaiah Naidu
- Xinhua Headlines: Technology kicks China-LatAm cooperation into high gear
- Braide appointed 1st female President-elect of Nigerian Academy of Science
- Ecuador's 'Throat of Fire' volcano may be heading towards a 'potential collapse', scientists report
- Scientist builds bracelet that jams microphones on smart speakers like Alexa and Siri with ultrasonic signals to stop them listening in on conversations
- 'British weather-proof' solar panel that generates 20 per cent MORE energy in cloudy weather has been invented by scientists
- Scientists Up in Arms over New Govt Scheme Pushing Research on Indigenous Cows, Call for Open Inquiry
- US scientists increase search for alien life
- Coronavirus vaccine could be available 'within months', claims Oxford University scientist whose team is 'rapidly' working out how to stop the disease
- ‘Environmental DNA’ Lets Scientists Probe Underwater Life
- Scientists are building AI to control swarms of up to 250 drones using data from how people play video games like StarCraft and Company of Heroes
- How to create electricity out of thin air: Scientists generate electrical current from moisture in the air and say it could soon be used to power smart watches
- Matter will be created from light within a year, claim scientists
- Scientists discover a 'consciousness switch' in the brain that triggers waking when it is zapped with electricity and 'could even bring people out of comas'
Scientist contingent the core of science-technology, innovation development: President have 610 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.