Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh met with President and Chief Executive Officer of Murphy Oil Corporation Roger Jenkins in Washington D.C on May 13 afternoon (local time) as part of his trip to the US.
At the meeting with Roger, PM Chinh spoke highly of the cooperation and active participation of Murphy Oil in oil exploration activities in Viet Nam. He welcomed the corporation’s plan to expand operations in Viet Nam in the future.
Roger praised the Vietnamese market and reported on Murphy Oil’s activities in Viet Nam, particularly the progress of the Lac Da Vang oilfield project. He proposed supporting measures to help promote the progress of the project.
PM Chinh said he had issued directions relating to the project and the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam or PVN) held many meetings with contractors and ministries, and agencies to consider and deal with the project’s problems. He proposed the two sides speed up the progress of related works.
PM Chinh said Murphy Oil needs to continue to coordinate with the PVN and the PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (PVEP) to handle related works. He stated that he had asked the Vietnamese Ministries of Industry and Trade and Planning and Investment to study proposals of the corporation and implement related tasks in order to speed up the progress of the Lac Da Vang project.
Murphy Oil has invested around US$300 million in oil exploration in Viet Nam and is managing oil fields in Be Cuu Long and Be Phu Khanh. It is cooperating with PVEP to carry out the Lac Da Vang oilfield project with a total investment capital of US$700 million.
In the future, the corporation will continue oil exploration activities at oilfields under its management as committed with the Government of Viet Nam. — VNS
- 'House of Cards': Could former prime minister Saad Hariri pull Lebanon back from the brink?
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern promised intervention, but is delivering uncertainty
- UK minister 'eager' for Cambo oil field talks
- US Energy Secretary takes 22-minute prank call from “Ukrainian Prime Minister”
- Going Colonial? Meet the American Who May Soon Be Ukraine’s Prime Minister
- 'You want a Prime Minister's spouse who's interested rather than doesn't care'
- 26 lakh farmers of West Bengal have benefitted through Prime Minister Samman Nidhi Yojana: Suvendu Adhikari
- Assam CM meets PM Modi, requests transfer of ONGC acreages to OIL
- Ringgit opens lower on concern for oil demand
- Big Oil wants to keep drilling in the North Sea. The backlash is growing
- Tying CEO pay to carbon emissions works. More companies should try it
- Sturgeon slammed over plans for 'dirty' oil field: 'Can't call yourself a climate leader!'
- A Brief History Of Gasoline: How Standard Oil Got Away With It
- End of North Sea oil? Oil giants want to keep drilling - but the backlash is growing
- Cabinet nod for Rs 11,040 cr mission to boost oil palm farming in next 5 yrs
- Hopeful Of Launching Covovax For Children In Early 2022, For Adults In Oct This Year: SII CEO
- Nicola Sturgeon skirts around Kate Garraway probe on Cambo oil 'Do you feel comfortable?'
- Infosys faces NITI Aayog CEO's ire for MCA portal glitches
- Revival plan for N-E agri market outfit: Cabinet nod to oil palm scheme, focus on N-E, Andaman
- PM Modi Chairs UNSC Meet On Maritime Security, Presents Five Principles To Tackle Challenges
Prime Minister meets with CEO of Murphy Oil Corporation have 569 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.