HÀ NỘI — Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính applauded Intel's decision to expand its investment in Việt Nam while receiving its CEO Patrick Gelsinger in Hà Nội on Friday.
The PM spoke highly of the US firm's engagement in the building of a digital economy and society in Việt Nam, which matches Việt Nam's development priorities as well as the two countries' relations.
He asked Intel to continue investing in Việt Nam in both depth and breadth, noting that the Government is prioritising the investments applying high and clean technology and contributing to the development of digital economic infrastructure and high-quality human resources.
PM Chinh also called for Intel to help the country create an ecosystem for innovation and startups, improve labour productivity, and diversify supply chains, adding that the Vietnamese Government is ready to support businesses, including FDI companies, to operate fruitfully.
He voiced his belief that with the existing foundation and determination, Intel's investment in Việt Nam will reach a new level and generate more effectiveness.
For his part, Gelsinger said Intel has been investing in Việt Nam for 15 years.
Agreeing with the PM's opinions, he noted during its operation in Việt Nam, his corporation realised that the country boasts an industrious and creative workforce, and that it has received strong support from the Government.
Therefore, it decided to scale up its investment by multiple times, he said, perceiving that Việt Nam is an attractive destination for investors thanks to its dynamic economy, high potential, and numerous cooperation chances in the areas Intel is strong at such as manufacturing, research and development.
Thanking the Government for assisting his firm to develop, the CEO expressed his hope for continued favourable policies for Intel and other high-tech companies. — VNS
- No political outreach in Northeast trip: PM
- Ethiopia: Attracting Investment Through Effective Public Sector
- Mozambique: PM Stresses Importance of Community Radios
- Ethiopian PM, Djibouti President expected for State Visits
- Ethiopian PM in Kenya for state visit
- PM Modi offers prayer at Muktinath temple in Nepal
- City seeks more funds for metro
- Kenya: HF Borrows Sh800 Million From NIC, Co-Op Banks
- Nigeria: Obasanjo's CNM Fuses With ADC
- Somalia's Illicit Charcoal Trade Threatens Security, the Environment and Livelihoods
- Swaziland: Voters Misled On Swaziland Election
- Chile businesses don’t expect economic turnaround until end-2017
- Chilean architect Alejandro Aravena receives the 2016 Pritzker Architecture Prize
- World Cup Qualification – Colombia vs Chile
- Fire Weather Watch Posted for Gusty Winds & Low Humidity
- Tanzania: Magufuli Hands Simba VPL Cup
- Happy Cinco de Mayo! Few Strong T-storms Possible Later Today
- Ethiopia Requires US$280.4 Million for Prioritized Life-Saving Interventions
- Ethiopia: Local Tourism
- Africa: AU Urges External Actors to Refrain From Action Against Progress in Somalia
PM welcomes Intel’s investment expansion in Việt Nam have 476 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.