HCM CITY— Northern highland women and their lifestyle is the premise of a new collection called Tơ Hồng (Pink Silk) by designer Thuỷ Nguyễn.
The collection comprises 30 designs for women in cotton, silk and satin in vivid colours like blue, red and pink that the designer has created after visiting northern mountainous areas and interacting with the ethnic minority women who live there.
She said she was inspired by both the remote areas and how the women lived their lives there.
Each design in the collection is linked to stories and dreams that the women living in remote mountainous areas nurture, she added.
"I want to highlight Vietnamese folk culture and lifestyle through my designs," said 41-year-old Thuỷ, founder of the Thuỷ Design House fashion brand.
A Hà Nội native, she studied painting at a university in Ukraine in 2003 and went on to become a self-taught fashion designer. She opened her first store in HCM City in 2011.
In 2016, she was invited to be a costume designer for Cô Ba Sài Gòn (The Tailor), an award-winning romantic comedy produced by movie star and producer Ngô Thanh Vân.
The film features Vietnamese women living in Sài Gòn (now HCM City) in the 1960s. Its leading character, actress Ninh Dương Lan Ngọc of HCM City, was named the Face of Asia at the 22nd Busan International Film Festival in South Korea in 2017.
For Cô Ba Sài Gòn , Thủy created many áo dài (traditional Vietnamese dress) for the actors to wear . She said she loves working with Vietnamese satin, silk and velvet.
Thuỷ is still involved in painting and the arts. She is a founder of The Factory Contemporary Arts Centre, an institution in HCM City that encourages young artists in different fields. VNS
- On Sonam Kapoor’s Wedding Anniversary, The Actresses Including Her Who Wore Traditional Red Outfits
- Get 20% off the Slip silk pillowcase to help your hair and skin
- On Madhuri Dixit Nene’s Birthday, Her Top 5 Gorgeous Saree Looks Decoded
- Sobhita Dhulipala Will Convince You To Up Your Saree Fashion Game And Get A Unique Photoshoot Done
- Lost souls
- VE Day minute-by-minute: How Britons will join together to commemorate the end of the Second World War 75 years ago today
- Mother’s Day 2020: Soni Razdan And Alia Bhatt, And Other Stylish Mother-Daughter Duos From Bollywood
- The Top Five Regal Sarees Of Deepika Padukone That You Would Want To Totally Invest In
- Karisma Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, And Other B-town Fashionistas Have Haldi Ceremony Fashion Goals For You
- Illegal Actress Neha Sharma Gives Ethnic Fashion Goals That You Should Definitely Try
- Show mom your appreciation! From a charitable T-shirt to flowers and chic slippers, FEMAIL reveals the best Mother's Day gifts no matter what your budget — starting as low as $3
- Katrina Kaif’s Five Wedding-Perfect Designer Lehengas Are All You Nee d To Stand Out
- Katrina Kaif’s 5 Wedding-Perfect Designer Lehengas Are All You Need To Stand Out
- Datebook: At age 99, painter Luchita Hurtado gets a survey at LACMA
- Royal rivalry! Kate Middleton reveals Prince George is 'jealous' of Princess Charlotte's lockdown schoolwork because it's more fun - as she tells This Morning that she and Prince William are in daily contact with family members
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 8
- How coronavirus gripped the Navajo: More than 3,200 of the 175,000 population are infected and 100 have died after man who attended Tucson basketball game brought in virus and spread it to the community where a THIRD of homes don't have running water
- Lana Del Rey reveals she bought her silver Grammy dress 'last minute' at a MALL... as the singer says she is 'happy' with beau Sean Larkin
- Duchess of Cambridge joins forces with National Portrait Gallery to launch community photography project aiming to capture the 'spirit, hopes and fears' of the nation amid the coronavirus pandemic... as she picks her shortlist of favourite snaps so far
- Hina Khan’s Cannes Film Festival 2019 Gowns Were Smart And Thankfully Not Too Dramatic
Pink Silk collection accentuates northern highland folk traditions have 732 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.