The top legislator of Vietnam will pay an official visit to Laos from May 15 to 17 at the invitation of his Lao counterpart Xaysomphone Phomvihane.
In the article on the front page, the newspaper said this is the first official visit to Laos by a key leader of Vietnam in the Laos – Vietnam Year of Solidarity and Friendship 2022, and also the first by Hue as Chairman of the Vietnamese N.A. Hue is also the first foreign parliamentary leader to visit Laos since the country's 11th National Party Congress and the 9th-tenure N.A.'s first session.
The visit takes place amid a number of important activities being held in the Solidarity and Friendship Year to mark the 60th founding anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties and 45 years since the signing of the Laos – Vietnam Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation.
PathetLao Daily noted the visit not only affirms the two countries' consistent foreign policy of treasuring and unceasingly developing their great friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation, but also demonstrates the specialness of the bilateral relations, showing efforts by the two Parties and States to maintain the development trend in their ties.
The daily stressed that the special Laos – Vietnam ties have become an exemplary, faithful, and pure relationship that is rare in the world and a priceless common asset of the two peoples.
Highlighting the unceasingly consolidated political and diplomatic links in the recent past, it wrote that the two N.As' relations have continued to be promoted effectively via both in-person and videoconference formats, greatly contributing to overall bilateral connections.
In particular, the two sides worked closely together in the construction of the new N.A. building for Laos, which was a gift from the Vietnamese Party, State, and people to their counterparts and inaugurated in August 2021.
They have also maintained strong cooperation at regional and international inter-parliamentary forums such as the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA), the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), the Asia-Pacific Parliamentary Forum (APPF), and the Asia – Europe Parliamentary Partnership (ASEP), according to PathetLao Daily.
It affirmed that the visit by N.A. Chairman Hue will help further intensify the great friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation between the two parliaments as well as between the countries as a whole.
- Billionaire Mai Vu Minh welcomed the assistant of Bosnia-Herzegovina to pay an official visit to Vietnam
- Billionaire Mai Vu Minh welcomed the assistant of Bosnia-Herzegovina President to pay an official visit to Vietnam
- Orders bestowed on Vietnamese, Lao military units, individuals
- Defence Minister hosts his counterparts from Laos, Australia
- Deputy PM, FM meets with Chinese, Lao foreign ministers
- Deputy PM, FM meets Chinese, Lao foreign ministers
- Vietnam, US to start the next phase of cooperation
- ASEAN 2020: Defence ministers of Việt Nam, Laos, Australia meet in Hà Nội
- Vietnam chairs year’s first meeting of ASEAN Connectivity Coordinating Committee
- Deputy PM attends 5th MLC Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in Laos
- ASEAN Chairman issues statement on response to COVID-19
- Ambassador: Vietnam – trustworthy partner of Netherlands
- Over 5,000 Chinese workers in Vietnam quarantined
- NA officials inspect Vietnam-Laos immigration agreement execution
- Press Statement by the Chairman of the ASEAN Coordinating Council
- Silver Spirit cruise ship with nearly 200 European tourists visits Da Nang
- China, Vietnam vow to promote ties, jointly advance Lancang-Mekong cooperation
- Off the beaten track: 3-day spring travel in Vietnam’s northern mountains
- Rare rallies in Vietnam say 'hands off' to China over sea row
- PM Imran's special assistant Naeem ul Haque passes away
N.A. Chairman’s visit reflects Vietnam’s special political trust with Laos: Lao newspaper have 561 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.