Young director Ho Thanh Thao at the film shoot location of her movie Diem Bao (The sign) that is one of the five selected pictures at the CJ Short Film Project.
The CJ Short Film Project organized by CJ Cultural Foundation and CGV Vietnam has been concluded with the five best movies that will be selected for international film festivals in the coming time.
21 projects have been chosen for the Presentation Round at the Green Screen Film Festival which is organized by the Vietnam Film Development Association (VFDA). Participants told stories reflecting environmental issues in the form of a fictional or documentary film.
“My Vietnam” short film competition unveiled its nine winners that were selected from 200 submissions. Each project featured the landscapes, customs, habits, and cultural traditions of Vietnamese people.
Training providing required skills to the employee of the movie industry has received special attention from film producers. Besides film production degree classes at universities and colleges, many filmmaking courses have been organized to equip participants with the contextual and technical skills needed for careers in entertainment.
Several short film production courses providing knowledge and filmmaking skills to beginners have been organized, such as a class of directors and producers of Charlie Nguyen and Aaron Toronto; a training program for Vietnamese filmmakers at Xine House-a movie space found by director Phan Gia Nhat Linh; and training program by director Vo Thanh Hoa.
In addition, the Center for Assistance and Development of Movie Talents (TPD) under the Vietnam Cinema Association offered many filmmaking courses.
The courses aim to provide basic knowledge to help young filmmakers develop short film projects, find a suitable production route and self-orient a filmmaking career.
By Van Tuan – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Drunken Sailors and Movie Stars: Robert Eggers on Making ‘The Lighthouse’
- 46 Movies We’re Excited About in 2018
- The Illegal Movie Review: Portrays A Gritty And Disheartening Tale Of Big City Dreams
- Is One of the Best Feature-Filmmaking Debuts in Recent Years
- Our pick of the decade’s eight best young economists
- Greta Gerwig on How Her 'Little Women' Adaptation Became "A Movie About Making Movies"
- First They Killed My Father movie review: Angelina Jolie’s most mature film as director
- Is Young Thug Having a Moment, or Is It Passing Him By?
- Kabir Singh Movie Review: Arjun Reddy Remake is Unapologetic Celebration of Toxic Masculinity
- Thambi Movie Review: Karthi-Jyothika Movie Is Carefully Knit With Convincing Twists!
- The Ignorance Of Crowds: Why Open Development Is Crap
- Darth Vader Needs a Star Wars Spin-Off Movie for Many Reasons
- Mangalore University to revise curriculum of UG, PG courses every year
- Phillauri Movie Review: Slow & Steady May Not Always Win The Race!
- RoboDoc Filmmakers Reveal What They Found Creating the Definitive Robocop Documentary [Exclusive]
- Spotlight: Chinese film makers stress creativity, innovation in boosting movie industry
- ‘Call Me By Your Name’: The Story Behind the Most Romantic Movie of the Year
- The Best Horror Movies of 2019
- 53 movies that we loved this decade
- Deer Park college students hope creepy ‘Curse’ movie will be career blessing
Movie making competitions, courses help develop young filmmaker’s creativity have 494 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at May 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.