Although the position to search, collect, and destroy UXO was close to a residential area, troops of the Dak Nong provincial Military Command and authorized forces effectively performed dissemination work to raise the locals' awareness and ensured safety.
With thorough preparation of materials and technical equipment, knowledge, and skills, the joint forces collected 83 shells, including eight 175mm artillery shells and 85 small-sized bombs.
Earlier, authorized forces of Dak Nong province successfully detonated 281 shells of different sizes at the same place.
Bu Gia hamlet used to be a garrisoned site of the U.S. imperialists and Saigon troops in the war in Vietnam, leaving UXO in the hamlet, which is threatening the health and life of local people. Therefore, the collection and detonation of UXO has contributed to making the land clear from UXO and bringing joys to locals.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Protective forest destroyed in Dak Lak
- Fake news about coronavirus should be prevented: Minister
- Coronavirus-related fake news should be prevented: Minister
- VBSP promotes women’s empowerment and gender equality
- High vigilance against coronavirus must be maintained
- New reports of A/H5N6 avian flu outbreak hits Thanh Hoa
- COVID-19: Deputy PM orders safety for students after returning to schools
- Vietnam culls 30,000 poultry to stem bird flu outbreak
More UXO destroyed in Dak Nong province have 202 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.