|Workers processing seafood at a Vinh Hoan factory. VHC was among stocks lifting indices yesterday.-Photo seafood.vasep.com.vn|
On the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), the VN-Index started off the afternoon session with an inverse head and shoulders pattern but later broke the neckline to reach 1,233.38 points, up 14.57 points, or 1.2 per cent.
The market's breadth was positive with advancers outnumbering decliners by 223 to 211. Notably, three stocks hit floor prices whereas six hit ceiling prices.
The market's liquidity was low with only 479 million shares traded on the southern bourse, equivalent to VND12 trillion (US$520 million).
The 30 biggest stock tracker VN30-Index rose by 17.36 points, or 1.38 per cent, to end at 1,272.71 points. In the basket, 26 stocks climbed while four slid.
Masan Group (MSN) continued to lead the market rally with a gain of 4.31 per cent. Other major stocks behind the pick-up included Vietcombank (VCB), Vietnam Dairy Products (VNM), VietinBank (CTG), Petro Vietnam Gas (GAS), and VPBank (VPB).
By sector, the bullish market was backed mainly by securities firms, which saw an increase of 3.72 per cent sector-wide. Specifically, VNDirect Securities (VND) climbed by 3 per cent, SSI Securities (SSI) by 6.04 per cent, and Viet Capital (VCI) by 4.11 per cent.
The market was also propped up by seafood stocks with Vinh Hoan Corp. (VHC) gaining 3.87 per cent. It was followed by Nam Viet Corp. (ANV) with an increase of 3.77 per cent.
In the realty sector, the trio stocks of the Vin family – Vingroup (VIC), Vincome (VRE) and Vinhomes (VHM) – saw green on the screen. Other big names including No Va Land (NVL), Investment and Industrial Development (BCM) and Phat Dat Real Estate (PDR) also came out on top.
Banking stocks were riding high with the largest market-cap banks climbing by over 1 per cent each. Notably, Vietcombank (VCB) went up by 1.61 per cent, BIDV (BID) by 1.2 per cent and VPBank (VPB) by 2.39 per cent.
The HNX-Index on the Ha Noi Stock Exchange (HNX) gained 5.3 points, or 1.76 per cent, to reach 305.96 points.
Foreign investors poured money into the market as they net bought a total of VND199.1 billion shares on the two main exchanges. Of which, they net bought VND195.88 on HoSE and VND3.13 billion on HNX.
- Buy Force Motors, price target Rs 1300: Kunal Bothra
- Taking Stock | Market ends lower as US-Iran tensions weigh on sentiment
- Roundup: Iraqi parliament asks gov't to end presence of foreign forces in Iraq
- Market Movers: Infy trips ahead of Q3 nos; Suzlon tanks; midcaps shine
- Be stock-specific, the market is still facing headwinds: Mayuresh Joshi, Angel Broking
- Take Five: World market themes for the week ahead
- Market stays positive on eve of Q3 earnings
- Buy Balkrishna Industries, price target Rs 1050: Kunal Bothra
- Buy Jindal Steel, price target Rs 182: Kunal Bothra
- Buy Granules India, price target Rs 140: Shrikant Chouhan
- Buy Kotak Mahindra Bank, price target Rs 1740: Shubham Aggarwal
- Buy InterGlobe Aviation, price target Rs 1465: Shubham Aggarwal
- Buy Hindustan Unilever, price target Rs 2010: Jay Thakkar
- Buy Dabur, price target Rs 480: CK Narayan
- Technical View: Nifty forms strong bullish candle; rally difficult to sustain
- We would buy and accumulate stocks that fall on petroleum price rise: Devang Mehta
- Dalal Street Week Ahead: Nifty50 lacks internal strength; financials look strong
- Market ripe for consolidation! Brokerages pick 10 high-quality stocks with 1-year horizon
- Tension in Middle-East spooks market; what should investors do?
- Market to sustain, consumer and financial stocks best for growth investing: Prateek Agarwal
Market ends bullish on strong buying forces have 548 words, post on vir.com.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.