Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Health (MoH) has asked leaders of provinces and centrally-run cities to step up vaccination against COVID-19.
Some localities have recently proposed not receiving vaccines or transfer the allocated vaccines, leading to the fact that the COVID-19 vaccination target is likely to be missed, the ministry said, citing a report from the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology (NIHE).
As of May 21, more than 219 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered nationwide.
Localities have made great efforts in rolling out vaccination campaigns to ensure its safety and effectiveness and achieve a high vaccination rate.
The number of vaccines received by the MoH is enough to give the 3rd and 4th shots for people aged 18 years and older who are eligible for vaccination, it said.
The ministry proposed leaders of the provinces and cities direct the Departments of Health and related agencies to promptly review the number of people who are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination, focusing on completing the injection of third shots for people 18 years old or older in the second quarter of this year as well as inoculation for children from 5 to under 12 years old.
The localities are requested to set up plans and organise the inoculation of third shots for eligible people.
The MoH stated that localities which don't receive enough vaccine for the injection of the 3rd and fourth shots for people aged from 18, or children from 5 to under 12 years old, or let the pandemic occur will bear responsibilities before the Government and the Prime Minister./.
- The Local Church, Voluntary Association and the Bible
- Several area pharmacies don’t have high dose flu vaccine
- The Different Steps to Travel With Your Pets
- Administering the Local Church Through Organization
- Puppy Care - Steps To Keep Your Dog Healthy
- Ten Steps to Buying The Right Horse
- Administering the Local Church Through Pastoral Nurture
- 10 Steps to Web Success
- 12 Steps to Immediate Debt Reduction
- Consumers Advised To Take Steps Against Energy Bill Rises
- A Vision Without a Plan is Just a Dream - 5 Steps to Realize Your Vision
- NI abortion: DUP urge Stormont recall to stop law change
- Magic Jack - The Most Affordable Way to Make Local and Long Distance Calls - Ever!
- Building an Art Collection - The Four First Steps
- Blogging Tutorials - 3 Steps To Mastering The Basics On Blogging
- What is the Guidance from Your Soul? 5 EASY Steps to Begin Your Own Eat, Pray, Love Quest
- Inventor to Direct Marketer in NO EASY STEPS
- Child Immunization - New Plague of the 20th Century?
- How Can I Sell My Comic Books Fast?
- Health Center Staff In Lead Role Preparing Their Campuses for Pandemic Flu
Localities urged to step up vaccination against COVID-19 have 438 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.