The one display feature that's quite common in Android phones — premium and mid-range — is the always-on functionality. And the feature has been around for a while now. However, Apple hasn't incorporated the always-on display feature for iPhones . There were rumours about the iPhone 13 series getting the feature but that didn't really happen. Now, it is being suggested that with iOS 16, Apple will roll out the always-on display feature.
According to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, at WWDC 2022 — set to begin on June 6 — Apple will showcase the feature with iOS 16. In his weekly newsletter, Gurman noted, "I'm told iOS 16 builds in future support for an always-on lock screen, something Apple was originally planning for last year's iPhone 13." Future support is the keyword here as it is not clear whether it will come with iPhone 14 series or if Apple will give the functionality to older iPhones as well. It is likely that Apple may keep the always-on feature for the iPhone 14 Pro series as a key differentiator between the vanilla iPhone 14 and the Pro ones.
Gurman also explained how the feature may work. Always-on display, as per Gurman, will "allow the iPhone to turn down the frame rate significantly on the lock screen and display quickly glanceable information – similar to newer Apple Watches."
Apple rolled out an always-on display feature for Apple Watches with Watch Series 5. Subsequent models too have had the feature.
WWDC 2022 will take place between June 6-11 and Apple will showcase new features coming to its major OS platforms like iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and watchOS among others. Rumours suggest that there might be a hardware announcement, which is likely to be the all-new redesigned MacBook Air .
- 23rd annual Tri-C High School Rock Off Final Exam features 4 out-of-state bands, 8 from Ohio
- PS4 Remote Play For iOS: How To Download and Stream PS4 Games on Your iPhone or iPad
- 9 reasons you should buy the iPhone XR instead of an iPhone XS or XS Max (AAPL)
- Twitter working on Snapchat-like camera feature: Report
- GoodFirms Research Announces the Most Reliable Android Apps Developers for February 2019
- Apple, Google, and Facebook could be forced to censor apps and sites featuring 'harmful' content under new UK laws
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode: How to Activate Hidden Feature on Private Messaging App
- No more robocalls: How to block unwanted calls from iPhone, Android
- Dangerous Android malware comes to the iPhone
- Apple Just Made the World's Best Phone Camera: iPhone 11 Pro Review
- Apple swats at Facebook for violating its policy with iOS research app
- iOS 12.1.4 Update: Apple Releases FaceTime Bug Fix, How to Download and Install
- FaceTime Issues: What is the Problem With FaceTime? How to Disable on iPhone, Mac, iPad
- You don't need an iPhone to use Apple's AirPods — Here's how to pair them with an Android phone
- How to delete all of the contacts on your iPhone with a few taps
- Updated Apple News app crashing on iPhone, iPad, Mac
- What's in iOS 12.2? What Are the New Animojis, Air Quality Index, Downtime Settings and More
- Global Food Delivery Mobile Application Market to Reach $16.61 Billion by 2023 at 27.9% CAGR, Says Allied Market Research
- Style Blog The Budget Fashionista Launches Application for iOS and Android Devices
- How to get the best deals on MacBook, iPad and iPhone
iPhones may finally get this Android feature with iOS 16 have 560 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at May 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.