On May 13, an official welcome ceremony for his Indonesian counterpart Prabowo Subianto was held at the Headquarters of the Ministry of National Defense under the chair of Defense Minister Phan Van Giang.
At the talks held after the ceremony, the two ministers highlighted the positive outcomes in bilateral defense cooperation over the past time. In particular, the two sides have cooperated to effectively organize various cooperation contents, including dialogues, consultations, delegation exchanges, training, and collaboration between naval and coast guard forces, and research institutes, among others. These activities have been conducted on the basis of the Memorandum of Understanding on fostering cooperation between defense officials signed in 2010 by the two governments and the Joint Vision Statement on defense cooperation for the 2017-2022 period.
Especially, from late 2019, despite the severe impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the bilateral defense cooperation has been paid due attention to by the two countries and obtained practical results. Notably, the two sides have effectively maintained cooperation mechanisms and dialogues, signed cooperation agreements between naval and coast guard forces of the two countries, and fostered cooperation in training.
Regarding missions in the coming time, the two ministers agreed to continue carrying out cooperation contents set in agreements signed by the two governments and two defense ministries, bringing into play the effectiveness of dialogues, promoting exchange of delegations at all levels. Cooperation between naval and coast guard forces of the two countries and in training, education, and defense industry sectors should be paid due attention to, the two leaders said.
Also at the talks, the two sides exchanged views on regional and international issues of mutual concern. They affirmed the need of maintaining peace, security, stability, safety, and freedom of aviation and navigation in the East Sea (South China Sea); respecting international law, including the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982; effectively carrying out the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC); working actively towards the signing of an effective and substantive Code of Conduct in the East Sea (COC).
The Vietnamese Defense Minister asked maritime law enforcement agencies of the two countries to promote information exchange, so as to effectively deal with emerging issues in line with the strategic partnership of the two countries and spirit of treating fishermen kindly.
General Phan Van Giang cordially invited leaders of the Indonesian Ministry of National Defense to attend the first International Defense Exhibition in Vietnam, scheduled to be held in December, 2022 and send defense enterprises to introduce their products at the exhibition.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- US Defense Secretary to visit Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines
- German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen promises US significant defense budget increase
- Defense minister hosts Indonesian Ambassador to Vietnam
- Defense Minister visits VVA Central Committee
- Ri Yong-gil may be North's defense minister
- Defense minister pays tribute to former and late defense leaders
- Chinese tourists visit Vietnam in t-shirts proclaiming South China Sea belongs to China
- Blinken, Saudi deputy defense minister discuss Yemen, human rights
- UK to permanently deploy two warships to Indo-Pacific—defense minister
- LOOK: USC coaches take 2021 No. 1 prospect J.T. Tuimoloau on helicopter ride during official visit
- U.S. Official Visits Taiwan, and China Warns of Consequences
- Defense minister apologizes for outbreak on destroyer
- Taiwan would fight off China invasion for as long as it takes, defense minister says
- Saudi deputy defense minister meeting with Biden officials
- Indian Defense Minister: China Placed 'Huge Number' of Troops on Border
- Defense minister admits 'shame' over harrassment
- All-State Alabama DT Thomas sets two official visits
- Singapore and China sign upgraded FTA as Premier Li Keqiang kicks off official visit
- Israel's defense minister, Palestinian president, discuss 'trust-building'
- US Defense Secretary to visit Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam this week
Indonesian Defense Minister officially visits Vietnam have 600 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.