HÀ NỘI — Hòa Phát Group had the highest revenue and profit among five Vietnamese firms listed in the Top 2,000 largest companies in the world in 2022 (Global 2000) announced by Forbes. It is also the only Vietnamese production firm in the list.
Forbes collected the latest financial data as of April 22, 2022 to rank businesses globally according to four criteria including revenue, net profit, total assets and market capitalisation.
The other Vietnamese firms included in the list are all banks: Vietcombank, Vietinbank, BIDV and Techcombank.
In 2021, Hòa Phát recorded VNĐ150.8 trillion (US$6.5 billion) in revenue and reached a net profit of VNĐ34.5 trillion for the first time, up 65 per cent and 156 per cent respectively compared to 2020. Its net profit margin in 2021 reached 23 per cent. Its total contribution to the State budget last year was VNĐ12.5 trillion, posting over 70 per cent year-on-year increase.
The Group’s total assets increased sharply in 2021, increasing by nearly 36 per cent compared to 2020, reaching VNĐ178.2 trillion. In which, long-term assets still accounted for the majority when increasing by VNĐ9.3 trillion to VNĐ84 trillion. Its scale of total assets tripled after only four years, from the beginning of investment in the construction of Hòa Phát Dung Quất Iron and Steel Complex in 2017.
In the first quarter of 2022, Hòa Phát Group achieved VNĐ44.4 trillion in revenue, up 41 per cent over the same period last year. Its after-tax profit reached VNĐ8.2 trillion, posting a 17 per cent year-on-year increase. Its total assets at the end of March 2022 were VNĐ185.8 trillion. — VNS
- PV Gas among Forbes Viet Nam’s list of top 50 listed firms for 10th year
- Inside The 2015 Forbes Billionaires List: Facts And Figures
- Record 290 Newcomers Join Forbes Billionaires List, Including Michael Jordan
- The full list of companies who have boycotted the NRA over the Florida shooting
- Shanghai lockdown sees quarter of US firms cut investment plans: poll
- What an earful! Pakistani goat named Simba has world's longest ears
- PV Gas among Forbes Vietnam’s list of top 50 listed firms for 10th year
- The World’s Largest Media Companies 2022: Netflix Falls In The Ranks After Subscriber Loss, Disney Climbs To No. 2
- Top 11 Purposeful Leaders-Women Positively And Inspiringly Impacting The World
- Full list of UK companies working four day weeks – with staff on FULL pay
- How A Little-Known California School Earned Top Marks On Forbes’ 2022 College Financial Grades
- The world at our fingertips
- Fresh Take: Hurting From Inflation, Exploring Indigenous Foodways, The World’s Largest Food Companies
- The Strongest And Weakest Colleges In America — Behind Forbes 2022 Financial Grades
- Malaysia’s 50 Richest On Forbes List See Slight Fall In Collective Wealth
- Meet Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Asia Class Of 2022, Inside $95 Billion Unicorn Stripe And More For Small Business Owners
- LIC Becomes Fifth-Largest Company With Rs 5.53 Lakh Crore M-Cap Even At Discount Listing
- Golden age of buses? Buyers hop on UK transport firms
- UPS Tech Chief Wins Forbes CIO Innovation Award By Developing a Global Smart Logistics Network
- Bolivia still evaluating six firms for lithium mining partnerships
Hòa Phát Group listed in Forbes’ Top 2,000 largest firms in the world have 507 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 15, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.