|The event introduces the best dishes of the capital. (Photo: VNA)|
Hanoi – The Hanoi Cuisine and Handicraft Villages Tourism Festival has opened to visitors in Le Quang Dao Street in Nam Tu Liem district to entertain SEA Games visitors.
The event gathers hundreds of handicraft villages, artisans and food suppliers in the city and throughout the country.
The festival introduces the top dishes of the city and some neighbouring localities, typical handicraft villages, which offer tourism services, and demonstrations of traditional handicrafts.
Bamboo booths host cuisine spaces offering popular dishes such as rice pancakes, shrimp cakes, coffee, young rice cake, and tea scented with lotus from the West Lake.
Handicraft shops introduce notable villages like Van Phuc Silk Village, Bat Trang Ceramic Village and Son Dong Wood Craft Village, where visitors can listen to guides explaining the village production processes.
This festival aims to advertise the images and destinations of Hanoi's tourism and introduce local cuisine to both domestic and foreign visitors, said Nguyen Thi Mai Anh, deputy director of Hanoi Investment, Trade and Tourism Centre, at the recent opening ceremony.
The event highlights the importance of cuisine and handicraft villages as tourism products to contribute to the local economy and preserve intangible heritage, she said.
Hanoi has been considered a hub of delicious dishes, which represent the creativity and talent of local residents.
She said that the city had been voted as a city with alluring cuisine by various international travel magazines.
Hanoi hosts more than 1,350 handicraft villages, many of which are popular destinations for tourists.
The festival will last until May 23, and is part of a series of activities to advertise the capital as a safe, friendly and attractive destination.
- 2012 Independent Games Festival Opens Submissions
- 2015 Independent Games Festival opens call for submissions
- 2016 Independent Games Festival opens call for submissions
- Independent Game Festival Opens Submissions
- Letter From The IGF Chairman: Welcome To Our 2014 Festival
- Games for Change Festival 2010 Opens Registration
- Fifth Ben Tre coconut festival to open in November
- 2011 IGF Opens Submissions, Adds Mobile Category, Expands Experimental Focus
- 2013 Independent Games Festival submissions now open
- Indie Games Festival reveals its 20 finalists, public registration open
- Tribeca Games Festival and Merging the Worlds of Gaming and Cinema
- Second Prix Ars Electronica Collide at CERN Opens Call for Entries
- Venice Film Festival to open with Jake Gyllenhall blockbuster Everest
- Ghost Recon Wildlands open beta players will earn bonus missions in the full game
- Report: Koei To Open Vietnam Studio, Cites Lower Dev Costs
- Guild Wars 2: Dragon Bash festival starts next week
- Destiny’s Festival of the Lost Event Dated and Detailed
- Destiny Guide: How to Collect All Festival of the Lost Items
- Spotlight: 1st Denver Int'l Electronic Music Festival features Chinese elements
- Registration Opens for ISC Cloud & Big Data
Hanoi Cuisine Festival opens have 445 words, post on vir.com.vn at May 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.