Phia Đén Hamlet in Thành Công Commune in the northern province of Cao Bằng is home to green fields of canna, whose roots are the main ingredient of glass noodles.
Canna is grown in Phia Đén Mountain, lying 1,000m above sea level, from January to February in the lunar calendar and harvested in October and November.
Phia Đén glass noodles are renowned nationwide thanks to their delicious taste and smooth texture, which are created using traditional methods and favourable weather conditions.
The glass noodles are white, the natural colours of the canna starch mixture without the use of any bleaching or colourants.
According to locals, the shimmering look of glass noodles depends on the purity of ingredients, mixing process and drying technique.
Glass noodle soup is often cooked with chicken, mushrooms and fresh onion, and has become a traditional dish with the distinctive taste of the region. A bowl of this healthy soup is often placed on the table to worship ancestors during special occasions like holidays, New Year, weddings or death anniversaries. It is also a popular dish for visitors to Phia Đén Mountain. VNS
- A La Carte and Art: Mountain View street festival marks 22nd year of sun and fun
- Magnificent mountains, verdant valleys
- Firefighters battle gorse fires in Dublin Mountains as sizzling weather conditions 'increase fire risk'
- Bay Area’s best specialty grocery stores
- Survive summer heat with cold noodle dishes
- Readers sound off on Yucca Mountain
- Scottsdale homeowners love their Desert Mountain house so much, they're building it again
- Mediterranean-style Gold Canyon house reflects the calm of its mountain surroundings
- Peek inside modern mountain retreat on the market with a tree house vibe
- Keurig Green Mountain Plans Spartanburg Facility
- The Royal Wedding inspired Stella Artois to craft a specialty cocktail: Le Cidre Royale
- Country in the Park returns to Mountain’s Edge
- H.S. Tennis Notebook: Mountain Valley and Dirigo set to clash
- Cleanup commemorates fourth anniversary of Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks designation
- More women take aim at glass ceiling in campaigns for Washington Legislature
- May the Fourth (and a cold frothy glass of beer) be with you
- Gorse fires in Dublin Mountains extinguished by Dublin Fire Brigade
- New Cancer Treatments Lie Hidden Under Mountains of Paperwork
- Town raises glasses to Arrowtown publican
- Top of the range mountain bikes with combined value of almost £25,000 stolen
Glass noodles a specialty of the mountains have 454 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.