HÀ NỘI — The SEA Games 31 is considered an event of solidarity in the spirit of fair play, according to the Organising Committee at the third international press conference on May 21 in Hà Nội.
Many local and international reporters and journalists attended the conference chaired by deputy head of the Information and Communications Sub-Committee Lê Thị Hoàng Yến, who summarised and reviewed the regional sports meet’s activities.
“Almost competitions have been well organised in the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship. Olympic sports are run following clear rules and regulations while sensitive sports, including martial art performance events, are assessed fairly and objectively,” said Yến, who is the vice chairwoman of the Việt Nam Sports Administration.
“The chief-de-missions of all teams are satisfied with organising activities of the hosts. To date, we have not received any complaints or protests. This is mainly because the referees and officials working at the Games’ 40 sports are from the Southeast Asian and Asian federations.
“Athletes and delegation members are given the best-staying conditions in Việt Nam, staying in five-star hotels with a variety of food including Halai dishes for Muslims.”
The organisers also provide free tours to famous attractions and historical sites to participants in every host city and province. Guests are also introduced to and given a chance to try Việt Nam’s specialities during their tours.
At the conference, the organisers also briefed on the closing ceremony of the Games at the Mỹ Đình Indoor Athletics Palace.
Themed “Convergence to Shine,” the ceremony will be a stage of youthful and modern performance, emphasising a Southeast Asia strongly integrating with the world.
Using sound and light technology, the closing ceremony on May 23 promises to be a bright, lively, profound, impressive and warm goodbye to friends and delegations.
The two most valuable players of the Games will be announced that night.
At the event, Việt Nam will transfer the SEA Games flag to the next host country, Cambodia. The SEA Games 32 plans to have 40 sports held in the same month as the Games 31.
Certificate for slogan author
During the press conference, the organisers presented a VNĐ10 million award to journalist Doãn Hữu Bình who created the SEA Games 31’s slogan “For a Stronger Southeast Asia”.
A year before the SEA Games 31, organisers launched a contest to compose an official slogan for the Games.
Overcoming many entries, Bình’s slogan was chosen as simple but meaningful.
“I just participated in the contest in the last minutes after many entries were ousted. My slogan was one of the final five, and it received a nod from the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism (Head of the Organising Committee),” Bình said, managing editor of the Sports Magazine.
He said a year from its recognition, he has been very proud of his work which has been widely spread in local and international newspapers and televisions. It can also be seen in many public locations and competition venues in host cities and provinces, in little things like the ribbons of the press cards.
“Through the slogan, I want to convey a message to all people and governments of the Southeast Asia region. We should be united and build a strong ASEAN community, and promote ASEAN’s role in the international arena.” — VNS
- 87 brilliant free iPhone games you need to play
- Toy Story 3 game celebrates Pixar's spirit of play
- Cable Game Channel set to play
- Fair play needed in personal war games
- 10 most challenging games for Android
- 15 best Android tablet games that work better on big screens!
- 10 best slots games for Android
- What The Tom's Team Played This Weekend: 'Overwatch'
- EA’s new free-to-play RTS, ‘Command & Conquer: Rivals,’ is up for pre-registration on the Play Store
- Best Nintendo Switch Games for Halloween in 2019
- 15 Christmas-themed Android apps, games, live wallpapers, and watch faces to get you in the holiday spirit
- 26 new and notable Android games from the last week (1/24/18
- This week in games: Crytek sues Star Citizen, Destiny 2 'The Dawning' holiday event revealed
- The DeanBeat: My favorite games of 2017
- Best Nintendo 3DS games: 20 titles you should take on the go
- Try these 40 kids' games and quizzes on Google Home
- Try these 39 kids' games and quizzes on Google Home
- A Brief History Of Star Trek PC Games
- Best Android Games
- Best Android games of 2017 for your new phone, tablet, or Chromebook
'Games held in spirit of fair play': organisers have 767 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.