HÀ NỘI — Outstanding performances at the ongoing Games not only bring glorious moments for athletes but also significant cash bonuses as a reward for all the ‘sweat and tears’ they have given to their teams.
After beating Indonesia in the semi-final of men’s football, Thailand’s team secured THB1 million (about US$29,000) from Thai Tourism and Sports Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakarn, according to Nualphan Lamsam, manager of the team.
Nualphan said the Thai minister watched the semi-final match at Thiên Trường Stadium in Nam Định Province. Impressed with the War Elephants’ performance, he decided to award them the bonus.
Earlier, Nualphan pledged to give players a THB5 million ($145,400) bonus if they won gold at the Games, which does not include the bonus of the Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT).
According to SAT, athletes who win gold, silver and bronze medals at the Games will be awarded THB300,000 ($8,700), THB150,000 and THB75,000.
In the men’s football, the Việt Nam national football team will receive a reward of VNĐ1 billion ($43,000) after the victory over Malaysia in the semi-final.
The cash award comes from the Vietnam Football Federation. If the Golden Star Warriors win the final, the money they can pocket is expected to be much higher.
Their female counterparts, the Việt Nam’s women’s football team, have received an even bigger amount.
After their victory over Myanmar in the semi-final on May 19, the team received VNĐ1.3 billion ($56,000), in which the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) awarded VNĐ800 million, the People’s Committee of Quảng Ninh Province donated VNĐ200 million and a business VNĐ300 million.
The next day, another business handed another VNĐ2 billion over to head coach Mai Đức Chung, raising the total amount they have received to over VNĐ3 billion.
Similarly, medal winners in Việt Nam’s xiangqi (Chinese chess) team are expected to receive a cash bonus. The xiangqi competition wrapped up on May 20, with the Vietnamese team topping the medal tally with three golds.
The Việt Nam Xiangqi Chess Federation and its sponsors are expected to reward VNĐ70 million for a gold medalist, VNĐ20 million for a silver medal and VNĐ10 million for a bronze.
These are on top of the cash bonus each athlete will receive from the State for their medals which are VNĐ45 million, 25 million and 20 million for each gold, silver and bronze.
Meanwhile, huge cash bonuses await Filipino medalists.
According to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper, world champion gymnast Carlos Yulo has become the biggest winner among Filipino athletes in the Games, both in the number of the gold medals he won and the monetary value he gets from these victories.
Yulo is already assured of at least P1,800,000 ($34,500) in cash incentives from the Philippines government after securing five gold medals and two silvers in the seven events of men’s gymnastics.
Under Philippines law, each individual gold medal brings an award worth P300,000 ($5,740), while a silver medalist will fetch P150,000 and a bronze medal P60,000.
Also, according to Inquirer , medal-performing athletes can earn more apart from the cash windfall from the Philippine Sports Commission.
By tradition in the current administration, Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte invites the medalists to the Presidential Palace, releases cash bonuses and hands out additional monetary rewards, matching the basic incentives from the government.
Coaches of medal-earning athletes are also provided with cash incentives worth 50 per cent of the cash bonuses the athletes receive. — VNS
- MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Guide: Anniversary Edition, Release Date, Bonuses, And More
- A’s minor-league starter Daulton Jefferies has biceps strain, awaits MRI
- Athletes ‘have lost faith’ in IOC and Wada over Russia failures
- Khelo India scholar Manisha Merel steals athletics Day 1 limelight in long-jump pit
- 'Innocent Russian Athletes Should Not Be Banned' From Olympics - WADA Informant
- Logitech G Pro Mechanical Gaming keyboard review
- You can get two FREE PS4 games this week – PS Plus March 2020 freebies revealed
- A’s Khris Davis gets into first spring game, singles and Ks
- Leeds goalkeeper Kiko Casilla gets eight-game ban for racist language
- World War Z Sells "Way Above Expectations" on PC, Devs Thank Epic Games
- I Used Cloud Gaming Exclusively For A Month. Here’s What Happened.
- Swipe Right to Date Dragons in Hilarious New Cindr Tabletop Game
- It Looks Like One of 2020's Best Games So Far Is Coming to Nintendo Switch Soon
- PlatinumGames’ new Tokyo studio will work on live service games
- Amazon: 15 Best PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One Game Deals Available Right Now
- New 'Witcher' Spinoff Game Release Date Announced
- This terrifying gaming bed is just a toilet short of perfection
- AEW's Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks Explain What Modern Wrestling Video Games Are Missing
- Report: Did Dead Space 2’s Commercial Failure Seal The Fate Of Visceral Games?
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Pre-Order Guide - Retailer Bonuses, Release Date, And More
Games bonuses await athletes have 833 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.