Jointly organized by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Accounting and Auditing Supervisory Department (AASD) under the Ministry of Finance, the event gathered over 600 delegates from agencies, units, listed businesses, auditing companies and universities.
The second event of its kind is within the framework of the technical cooperation project between AASD and JICA on "strengthening the capacity of the AASD to promote the application of financial reporting standards in Vietnam" funded by the Japanese government.
The forum is expected to help agencies of the Government, private sectors and training institutions in Vietnam understand the differences between Vietnamese accounting standards (VAS) and IFRS; as well as promote the exchange of views on the road-map for applying IFRS.
Kobayashi Masaya, a representative of JICA in Vietnam, expressed hope that the policy discussions will be promoted to find the best approach for the application of IFRS in accordance with Vietnam's sustainable economic development.
Tran Thuy Ngoc, Deputy General Director of Deloitte Vietnam Co., Ltd, said the forum opened an opportunity for the parties to discuss and solve problems in the process of applying IFRS in Vietnam.
According to a survey by Deloitte and the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HOSE) at the end of 2021, the readiness of enterprises to apply IFRS increased significantly compared to 2020, ranging from 3.5 to 3.6, exceeding the average level of 2.5, Ngoc said.
Vu Duc Chinh, Director of AASD, highly valued Deloitte in Japan and Vietnam for making plans and proposing measures to implement necessary activities, expressing his belief that solutions to obstacles in applying IFRS in Vietnam will be found at the forum.
He hoped consulting units will introduce valuable recommendations on the scope and road-map in accordance with Vietnam's conditions in the coming time to ensure efficiency and feasibility in this work.
- Forum promotes Vietnam-Japan agriculture cooperation
- Great potential to promote development of digital banking in Vietnam: Brokerage
- HCM City aims to become regional, int’l financial centre
- Vietnam to promote trade and investment in Romania, Bulgaria
- Vietnam jumps 10 spots on global competitiveness ranking, ranks 7th in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam captures global media attention amid US-China friction
- Vietnam banks urged to start preparation for IFRS 9 ahead of 2025 deadline
- Standard Chartered: Vietnam's economy remains the fastest in ASEAN
- Anime in Vietnam – Part 1: What’s it all about?
- Card payments in Vietnam to reach 522.5 million in 2023: GlobalData
- Expanding the global role for Vietnam’s SMEs
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9
- Vietnam signs Lahay Agreement on int’l registration of industrial designs
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- With a different position from previously, Vietnam needs more comprehensive strategies
- Vietnam up 10 places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Road loading capacity in Vietnam against int’l standards
- Int’l forum to discuss HCM City’s future as Asian financial hub
- European firms to support Vietnam to develop world-leading agriculture sector
- Two decades later, HCM City still dreams of becoming global financial center
Forum promotes application of int’l financial reporting standards in Vietnam have 469 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.