The State-owned group said in the first four months of 2022, the firm and its subsidiaries had started work on 30 projects and put into use 31 grid facilities between 110kV – 500kV.
It cited meteorological forecasting centres as saying that heatwaves this year are likely to appear in the northern and central regions later than usual, but not too severe.
Power demand in the north is unlikely to rise sharply in May, and daily consumption will be around 805 million kWh.
The EVN noted that this month, it is working to guarantee supply for production and business activities as well as daily life, especially the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31) and the 15th National Assembly's third session.
It is maintaining high water levels at multi-purpose hydropower plants in the north, operating thermal power plants in the region, and importing about 540MW of electricity in May.
Its subsidiaries were also requested to ensure power supply in the dry season, ready manpower and equipment for any possible incidents in natural disasters, and recommend people, agencies and factories use electricity in a safe and economical manner.
In April, the entire EVN system produced 22.62 billion kWh of electricity, up 1.9 percent year-on-year. That added up to a four-month figure of 85.65 billion kWh, increasing 6.2 percent./.
- The 31 biggest games of the holiday season
- NASA is gearing up to fly a robot dangerously close to the sun and ‘touch’ the star
- Retailers are gearing up for Fingerling fever as a $15 robot monkey toy flies off shelves
- The top toy in every state this holiday season
- What’s ‘hot’ and what’s ‘not’ for tech in 2017
- Samsung To Launch Its Tizen-Powered 'Gear Glass' At The IFA In September 2014
- This stylish SUV is Mercedes’ hot new weapon against Audi and BMW
- We just got our first look at Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson
- Walmart is throwing parties in its stores to help it win the holiday season
- Lakers start hot, roll past Mavericks, 115-89
- SLDC accelerates dev’t projects in Mindanao
- MICT gears up for peak season with record volume
- From Mariah Carey to 10-month-old pizza sauce — here are the oddest things we heard during earnings season
- Why California’s wildfire season has been so long and destructive
- Padilla: Silahis ng Pasko caring and sharing on high gear
- The growth of Southeast Asia’s Internet economy is exceeding earlier projections – here’s what’s fuelling it
- A year of accelerated spending—or so they say
- Consumer, banks are hot stocks
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jose Gonzalez concerts in 2014
- It’s spring cleaning season — here are 8 services that will help you wave goodbye to winter
EVN accelerating projects to gear up for hot season have 451 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.