Vientiane (VNA) – Results of cooperation between the Ministries of Planning and Investment, as well as the Cooperation Committees of Laos and Vietnam in recent years have made important contributions to the development of the two countries' relations, Lao Minister of Planning and Investment Khamjane Vongxa said on May 13.
In an interview granted to the media of both countries, Minister Khamjane stated that 2022 is a year of great historical significance when the Lao Party, army and people are coordinating with the Vietnamese sides in carrying out many practical activities to celebrate the Laos-Vietnam Friendship and Solidarity Year marking 60 years of the establishment of diplomatic relations and 45 years of the signing of the Treaty on Amity and Cooperation between the two countries.
In 2021, despite complicated developments of the regional and world situations, the bilateral great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation were enhanced.
This year, the two sides continue to strengthen and improve the effectiveness of cooperation mechanisms; implement joint statements, bilateral cooperation agreements and documents as well as the outcomes of visits and meetings between their leaders in appropriate forms; coordinate and effectively organise activities on the occasion of the Friendship and Solidarity Year 2022; and pay attention to preventing drug, human trafficking and smuggling crimes and illegal exploitation of natural resources, he said.
Last year, two-way trade hit 1.37 billion USD, up 33.3 percent year-on-year. They are striving to increase the turnover to 10-15 percent this year.
The two countries are also making efforts to promote connectivity between the two economies, including hard and soft infrastructure, especially road, railway, airport and seaport projects such as Nongkhang airport, Vung Ang 1,2,3 wharves, Laos-Vietnam railway and Hanoi-Vientiane expressway./.
- Deputy PM receives leader of Japan bank for international cooperation
- Sector enhances ties with foreign partners to boost green growth
- PM receives new German Ambassador to Vietnam
- China Focus: Premier Li's Europe visit to inject impetus to China-EU ties
- Saturday Crapshoot: British Politics Special - Yes, Prime Minister & Floor 13
- Britain Unveils Plan to Boost Electric Battery R&D
- Intel Melds Biz Units in Bid To Boost Profit
- WiFi Cities Get Intel Boost
- Revealed: Sony's plan for PlayStation 4K - codename Neo
- Novell Makes $212M Buy To Boost Web Services
- HP, SAP Further Bind Their SOA Ties
- Nasdaq Cuts Ties with Japanese Exchange
- Broadband's Big Day: Stim Fund Handouts, FCC's National Plan
- 7 Things To Know Before Investing In Zynga
- Support programme improves Ben Tre start-up climate
- More research needed for climate adaptation
- PM hails Japanese experts’ idea for water pollution treatment
- Climate-smart agriculture key to economic growth
- Final Fantasy XIV Interview — Naoki Yoshida Talks Housing, Squadrons, Story, and The Road Ahead
- Educators Split Over 'Digital Divide'
Cooperation in planning, investment helps boost Laos-Vietnam ties: Lao minister have 462 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.