Vietnam Airlines Group said it plans to provide 32,400 domestic flights between June and August during the peak summer travel season, up 10 percent against the same period in 2019, the year before the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic.
There would be 160 daily flights connecting Vietnam's three biggest cities Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang.
It will also operate over 3,600 international flights during the period, 40 percent of pre-pandemic time.
Vietravel Airlines said it will increase the frequency of flights from Hanoi to HCMC and Da Nang by two a day from June.
Air tickets for domestic routes between June and August are nearly fully booked.
The carrier also plans to launch charter flights from HCMC to Jakarta and Can Tho to Bangkok, but the schedule has not been determined.
A representative of Vietravel Airlines, which was launched in December 2020 amid the turbulence created by the pandemic, said the carrier is facing many difficulties like personnel and aircraft shortages.
Bamboo Airways said it would increase the frequency of domestic flights connecting Hanoi, HCMC to famous tourist hotspots like Phu Quoc, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Quy Nhon.
The airline will double the frequency of international flights from Hanoi to Japan's Narita and South Korea's Incheon to seven flights a week from June 1.
The HCMC-Singapore route will be increased from two to five weekly flights.
Vietnam allowed quarantine-free entry starting March 15 and has since waived the requirement for negative Covid tests.
- Martin Lewis’ tips on slashing the cost of your summer holidays this year including booking for late August
- 16 best summer holidays to go on with babies and toddlers
- Korean Carriers Suspend Flights to China as Coronavirus Spreads
- Adult-only holidays for summer 2019 – where to find the best all-inclusive deals for couples
- Ryanair's January sale has flights under £20 to Barcelona, Faro, Milan and more
- All-inclusive Lanzarote holidays for summer 2019 – where to go and the best deals
- Cheap all-inclusive Spain holidays – the best last-minute deals for summer 2019
- Ryanair's latest sale includes flights under £10 to Ibiza, Majorca and Portugal
- Ryanair has cheap Majorca flights from £7.99 each way in its latest sale
- 20 of the best no-fly family holidays in Europe
- All-inclusive Majorca holidays are going from £99pp including your flights
- How buying two set of flights at the same time can save you money
- Prince Andrew and ex-wife Fergie fly into Malaga on private jet for holiday amid Epstein turmoil after 'the Duchess was forced to leave Balmoral EARLY due to arrival of Duke of Edinburgh'
- How Brexit will affect your holidays from January 2021 – after the transition period ends
- Coronavirus Scare: IndiGo, Air India suspend flights between India and China
- Rail and sail: how to book the perfect holiday – without any flying
- Airlines worldwide suspend flights to China due to Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Government to stop all non-Australians arriving from China at the border as Qantas suspends flights
- How to plan a post-Brexit holiday – from Serbia to the Lake District
- 10 of the best women-only activity holidays
Carriers add flights to summer holiday roster have 479 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.