The dead were aged 25-43 and the injured woman was 22 years old.
All four persons were cleaning up after a downpour when a house wall collapsed on them, the Giao Thong newspaper reported.
Authorities are searching through the rubble to find out if there are more victims and to try and find out why the accident happened.
The latest reported deaths take the death toll of heavy rains in northern Vietnam to six. Landslides and floods triggered by the heavy rains had killed three people in the provinces of Tuyen Quang and Hoa Binh, while destroying 260 houses.
A low-pressure area over the northern region had triggered rains starting May 19, but the heaviest ones showed up since last Saturday.
Floodwaters have damaged 9,500 hectares of rice fields in several localities, with Hanoi suffering the most, losing more than 4,000 hectares, followed by Tuyen Quang and Phu Tho with 1,500 hectares each.
Between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday, rainfall was measured at almost 200 mm in Thai Binh, more than 130 mm in Hai Phong City, 80 mm in Tuyen Quang, and almost 90 mm in Bac Ninh and 70 mm in Thai Nguyen.
The rains began to subside Wednesday in northern and central Vietnam, though mountainous areas in the north may see rains continue for a few days more, meteorologists said.
- Rain results in landslides, wall collapses
- 'We heard a huge bang and the house moved': Families are evacuated as landslide destroys 70ft-high wall in pouring rain to send bricks and rubble pouring into their gardens and flood their homes
- Vietnam’s Leap Year leaps from normal to the new normal
- Medical worker collapses on duty in COVID-19 epicenter
- Families evacuated after landslide causes 70ft wall to collapse onto their properties in Nottingham
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 5
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 26
- The Brexit disputes sending Northern Ireland tensions soaring: Loyalists threaten port staff for checking goods from Britain while an 'internal UVF dispute' puts masked men on 'patrol' in Belfast and anti-EU graffiti appears across province
- How Vietnam fought a pandemic and won
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 27
- How Wall Street Killed Financial Reform
- EXCLUSIVE: Meet Roaring Kitty - the stock picking wizard who sparked buying frenzy by tipping GameStop shares on Reddit: Boston suburban dad with $650,000 home emerges as the man who cost Wall Street billions
- 'The tragedy is that she loved him so dearly': As mother admits killing her autistic 10-year-old son, friends reveal her agony at life trapped in a flat with the beloved child who 'howled like a dog in distress' but was abandoned by local council
- Capitol cop Brian Sicknick killed in riot is honored as ‘peacemaker’ by Congress and cops in Rotunda memorial
- 10 tech giants making a killing in lockdown - including 4 who've earned £2trillion
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — February 4
- Vietnamese tenth graders design house that can tolerate landfill pollution
- Fatal winter tornado devastates Alabama town
- 60 Photos From the '60s That Show How The World Changed
- 55 of the best TV shows to watch on Netflix
3 killed in northern Vietnam after wall collapses following downpour have 478 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.