Hazardous air pollution engulfs Hanoi
Most notably, an application of the General Department of Environment to track environmental statistics unveiled at 9 a.m. on February 28 that air pollution was at red level in Long Bien district that is said to do harm to people's health, with sensitive groups potentially experiencing more serious health problems.
Meanwhile, independent air quality tracker AirVisual reported similar results, with most of its stations in Hanoi at a red level. In particular, two stations located at Happy House Garden in Hoan Kiem district and on To Ngoc Van street in Tay Ho district showed that the air quality is at purple level which can be very harmful to people's health.
Moreover, PAM Air reported Hanoi had up to 35 places at a red level and 13 places at a purple level. Notably, Yen So secondary school in Hoai Duc district and Phu Dong commune in Ba Vi district were reportedly at hazardous levels.
According to experts, blamed temperature inversion can be considered as the main cause behind the recent spell of severe pollution.
In the days ahead, air quality is forecast to remain at unhealthy to very unhealthy levels, especially at night and in early morning. Citizens are therefore recommended not to open windows or go out for exercise at certain times of day. They are also advised to wear face masks when going out.
Besides air pollution, local people should try to improve their health by consuming nutritious food, vegetables, and fruits due to COVID-19 fears, experts warned.
- Air pollution is already killing 7 million people a year, and now it's affecting your sleep
- We Don't Know How Much Air Pollution Hurricane Laura Caused
- Long-term Exposure to Air Pollution Doubles the Risk of Smell Loss: Study
- Air pollution from crematorium irks residents of Gnanapuram
- 4th Of July Fireworks Caused Hazardous Air In Sherman Oaks
- 4th Of July Fireworks Caused Hazardous Air In North Hollywood
- Suncor Energy Under Scrutiny For Air Pollution Violations
- What Happens When Covid-19 Meets Toxic Air? India Is About to Find Out
- July 4 Festivities In 2021 Caused Worst Air Since Bobcat Fire
- Smoke from Wine Country fires at 'unprecedented' and 'hazardous' levels
- Hanoi plans to build more public and green spaces
- Worried about Bay Area smoke? Here's how to look up the air quality in your microclimate
- Hanoi to develop green space in connection with expanding pedestrian street
- COVID-19: Pakistan's air quality improves amid lockdown | The Express Tribune
- Fears of smoked-choked air return as North Bay fires rage
- Out! MPCB tells polluting plant
- When is it OK to go outside if it's smoky in the Bay Area? How to assess your air quality risk
- Fresh air: Lockdown becomes blessing in disguise | The Express Tribune
- Air Quality in Northern Thailand at Very Unsafe Levels Due to WildFires
- Sydney Is Choking on the Most Toxic Air on Earth
Hazardous air pollution engulfs Hanoi have 495 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.