Hanoi (VNA) – Indices were mixed on January 19, with some large-cap stocks rebounding from the recent sell-off.
The index had lost for four consecutive sessions with shares across all sectors facing a sell-off, as investors planned to take profit before the Lunar New Year holidays.
The market’s breadth was positive, but liquidity still dropped sharply compared to the previous session. On HoSE, 260 stocks rose, while 217 declined and 41 ended flat.
Meanwhile, investors poured in nearly 23 trillion VND (1 billion USD), equivalent to a trading volume of over 637.6 million shares.
The benchmark’s recovery was thanks to large-cap stocks as the 30 biggest stocks tracker VN30-Index posted a gain of 5.49 points, or 0.37 percent, to 1,482.55 points.
Eighteen stocks of the VN30 basket rose, while ten declined and two stayed unchanged.
Masan Group (MSN) led the bullish trend, up 3.8 percent.
Also supporting the index’s uptrend, Becamex (BCM), SSI Securities Corporation (SSI), Vietnam Rubber Group (GVR) and Vinhomes (VHM) reported positive performance, with gains of at least 0.78 percent and BCM shares even hit the biggest intraday rise of 7 percent.
Other real estate stocks like the Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corporation (KBC) and securities stocks like VNDirect (VND) also saw big increases, up 6.73 percent and 7 percent, respectively.
However, profit-taking pressure ahead of the Lunar New Year continued to trigger sell-offs in some pillar stocks, especially in the banking sector, such as BIDV (BID), Vietcombank (VCB), Vietinbank (CTG), Sahabank (SHB) and MBBank (MBB).
Development Investment Construction JSC (DIG) also witnessed another session hitting the floor price.
On the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX), the HNX-Index edged down 11.9 points, or 2.83 percent, to 409.31 points, falling for a third straight session.
During the session, more than 101.6 million shares were traded on the northern bourse, worth nearly 1.8 trillion VND.
On the other hand, foreign investors net sold a value of nearly 5 trillion VND on HoSE , while they net bought a small amount of 4.64 billion VND on HNX./.
- ‘Chelsea are the best team we played’ – Leicester boss Rodgers claims not having ‘top players available’ has cost Blues
- Colorado Avalanche's Nathan MacKinnon laments 'really bad' team performance in Game 2 loss to St. Louis Blues
- £40bn wiped off UK stocks as global market rout continues
- Wall St rises as growth stocks gain after two days of selloff
- Weight Loss Tips: Do not make these 5 mistakes after evening, free your kitchen-fridge from THESE...
- Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma live updates, Game 2 thread
- Go, Team
- Wordle 334 May 19 HINTS: Struggling with today's Wordle? Three CLUES to help with answer
- Life in five: Voice of the Boro Ali Brownlee remembered
- Baltic Exchange shipping updates: May 20
- Thomas Tuchel to hold transfer talks with incoming Chelsea owner Boehly this week
- Ranking NFL's best defenses, plus predicting the Cowboys' final record for the 2022 season
- Where are they now? The Rangers stars who helped clinch Third Division title in 2013 to start amazing journey to the top
- What Tools Do You Need to Wire Your Home for Ethernet?
- LOCALIZE IT: Ideas for local coverage of stock market slump
- Antonio Rudiger says "business is business" in message to Chelsea fans before leaving
VN-Index ends losing streak, backed by blue-chips have 542 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 19, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.