Moscow (VNA) – Vietnamese people in Russia, Israel, and Mexico marked the coming Lunar New Year (Tet) with ceremonies organised by the embassies of Vietnam on January 22.
In Moscow, representatives of the Vietnamese community in Russia took part in the "Homeland's Spring" prorgamme, held in Hanoi by the State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese (OV) Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, via videoconference.
Ambassador Dang Minh Khoi expressed his delight at the country's success in the COVID-19 vaccination campaign, which has created new momentum for the country to enter a new year of hope and victory.
Trinh Van Que, Chairman of the Vietnamese People Association in Ulyanovsk city, told the Vietnam News Agency that the annual Homeland's Spring programme, specifically held for OVs to celebrate Tet, demonstrates the Party and State leaders' consistent attention to the OV community.
He attributed the achievements in the pandemic combat to the strong directions by the Party, State, and Government, as well as the people's consensus.
Also on January 22, Vietnamese people in Israel gathered to make "chung" cakes, a traditional food and also the most typical dish of Tet – the largest and most important festival in the homeland.
The event, organised by the Vietnamese Embassy, was also intended to strengthen the solidarity among the Vietnamese community in Israel .
At a Tet celebration the same day, Ambassador to Mexico Nguyen Hoanh Nam highlighted the significance of the festival along with the homeland's attainments in economic, political, and social affairs.
He affirmed the Party and State's policy of viewing the OVs as an integral part of the Vietnamese people. He also appreciated the expatriates' contributions to the COVID-19 fight in Vietnam, calling on them to uphold solidarity, assist one another, adhere to the host country's laws, and continue making dedication to the Vietnam – Mexico relations.
Thanking the Party and State for their sincere attention to OVs around the world, Chairman of the Vietnamese People Association in Mexico Nguyen Huu Dong said the Vietnamese community in the American nation always turn their hearts to the homeland, and that they will maintain their good academic and work performance and compliance with local laws so as to help promote images of the Vietnamese people in Mexico and reinforce bilateral relations./.
- Fine arts museum celebrating Chinese New Year
- Celebrate Chinese New Year by pulling out the stir fryer
- American rapper wears Vietnamese outfit on Glamour Mexico
- Delhi hosts mega India-Russia Friendship fest to mark 2o years of strategic partnership
- Trump Visited The Border To Celebrate His "New Wall." It Actually Dates Back To The Obama Era.
- Reasons to Love New York
- Vietnamese restaurants in Seoul take a coronavirus hit
- Mông people's handicraft weaving preserved to boost tourism
- Mekong Delta people spend more on freshwater
- St. Patrick's Day parades nixed, from New York to Dublin
- How the killing of an abusive father fuelled Russia's war over family values
- Russia to supply Syria "new missile defense systems"
- School reopening further delayed in Vietnam as new COVID-19 cases trouble nation
- China disinfects BANK NOTES and quarantines them for 14 days as Beijing announces 143 new coronavirus deaths and global death toll rises past 1,600
- Coronavirus in Israel: Cash is Being Pumped, Measures Are Being Taken, But Will It Be Enough?
- China Locks Down 11 Million in the Ground Zero City of Wuhan as New Coronavirus Shows Up in U.S.
- Earth moonstruck with its new mini-moon: A look at some spectacular lunar miracles
- Syria Says It Blocked Israeli Attack as U.S. and Russia Warn Each Other Against Strikes
- Beyond Russia: Understanding the New Trump Campaign Collusion Story
- 75 years to the day after they were freed from living hell, 200 Auschwitz survivors return to the Nazi death camp to mark the anniversary… and warn of rising anti-Semitism in the world
Vietnamese people in Russia, Israel, Mexico celebrate Lunar New Year have 668 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.