Vietnamese flag carrier Vietnam Airlines (VNA) has planned to resume regular commercial routes between the Southeast Asian country and Russia, the UK, France and Germany next week, after a closure of almost two years caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
From next Monday, VNA will resume regular flights from Hanoi to London (the UK), which will transit through Paris (France) and then return to Hanoi, the carrier said on Friday.
Three days later, the carrier will re-operate the first regular flight between Hanoi and Germany's Frankfurt.
Next Saturday, the route from Hanoi to Russia's Moscow with a frequency of one flight per week will be resumed.
As from February 8, the flight schedules to the UK, France and Germany will be performed on two routes, VNA said.
Accordingly, flights on the first route will depart every Tuesday from Hanoi to London, via Frankfurt and back to Hanoi, while those on the second will fly every Thursday from Hanoi to Paris, via Frankfurt and return.
The carrier said it will deploy wide-body aircraft such as Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 for these mentioned routes to give passengers the most comfortable long-haul flight experience.
However, the final operation plan will be subject to approval of concerned authorities and will be updated by Vietnam Airlines to passengers in case of adjustment, the carrier stated.
The CAAV said Vietnamese communities in European countries are expecting the early resumption of regular commercial flights between Vietnam and Europe so that they can return home for the upcoming Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday.
About 140,000 overseas Vietnamese may return home to celebrate Tet, which will fall on February 1, according to an estimate by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The national flag carrier advised passengers to prepare themselves to meet immigration regulations at their destinations, including those on health declarations, coronavirus testing, and vaccine passports or proofs of COVID-19 recovery.
As from January 1, the country's aviation sector has reopened regular commercial flights from and to Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (South Korea), Taipei (Taiwan, China), Bangkok (Thailand), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), San Francisco (the U.S.) and Singapore.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam has recently decided to increase the frequency of international routes from the country to Japan, Korea, Singapore and China's Taipei.
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific suspend flights to China, Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Airlines worldwide suspend flights to China due to Coronavirus
- Vietnam grounds all China flights
- Airlines suspend China flights because of coronavirus
- Factbox: Airlines suspend China flights due to coronavirus
- Airlines suspend China flights due to coronavirus
- Airlines suspend China flights because of coronavirus outbreak
- Delta, American Airlines To Suspend Flights To China
- Pilots demand airlines stop ALL flights to China and American Airlines staff file a lawsuit seeking an immediate halt as officials declare global health emergency
- Factbox: Airlines suspend China flights over coronavirus
- Airlines suspend China flights over coronavirus
- Stocks tumble amid fears of coronavirus epidemic as death toll rises to 170 and more airlines suspend all flights to China
- How UK, France, Poland Unleashed Hitler and Paved the Way for WWII
- Sweden becomes latest country to be struck down by the killer coronavirus as Russia announces two cases with almost 10,000 now infected across the world
- Coronavirus: Britons on Wuhan flights to be quarantined
- Air France joins China flight suspensions as virus unnerves cabin crew
- Coronavirus is in the UK: How is it spread? And how can you protect yourself and family?
- Officials in hazmat suits meet evacuation flight after it arrives at California air base from coronavirus epicenter Wuhan as all 201 passengers prepare for final health screenings and 72-hour quarantine
- Vietjet suspends flights to China from February given novel coronavirus pandemic
- Direct flight operation between China, Pakistan resumes after brief suspension
Vietnam Airlines to resume regular flights to UK, France, Germany, Russia have 620 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.