HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam "completely refutes" the claim that it deployed maritime militia on fishing vessels in the East Sea, spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng announced during a press briefing on Thursday in Hà Nội.
Responding to a question about China Daily's recent article stating that it suspected that Việt Nam deployed maritime militia on fishing vessels which could increase confrontation in the South China Sea (East Sea), the spokeswoman said: "This is a false claim and Việt Nam completely refutes this. Việt Nam follows a consistent policy of peace and self-defence."
"Actions taken by Vietnamese competent authorities strictly adhere to Vietnamese law and international law including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
"Việt Nam makes every effort to contribute to the maintenance of peace, stability, security, cooperation and development in the South China Sea in accordance with international law including 1982 UNCLOS. We call for all countries within and outside the region to make substantive and responsible contributions on this matter.” — VNS
- Vietnam opposes China’s recent illegal activities in East Sea
- Việt Nam condemns China’s illegal moves, confirms respect for international law in South China Sea
- Chinese Expert Refutes Kyodo News Citing Him as Proof of Rumored Pratas Islands Invasion Drill
- Introducing Aruba ESP, the Industry's First Cloud-Native Platform Built for the Intelligent Edge
- US ‘seriously concerned’ over China sinking Vietnamese fishing boat
- PM Phuc, Japanese counterpart discuss bilateral, multilateral cooperation over phone
- 'France will never let Lebanon go': Emmanuel Macron is accused of trying to reconquer Lebanon rather than help it in the wake of the devastating explosion at its capital which has killed 150 as country is set to refuse aid from Israel
- Russian Missiles' Global Reach: Does Moscow Need Military Bases Abroad?
- Beirut blast live updates: Half of Lebanon's capital affected by damage
- UK ministers plead with France to get tough on Channel migrants amid warning that 7,500 could cross by Christmas - as full dinghy paddles straight past country's navy using shovels as oars
- Chilcot report: Tony Blair's Iraq War case not justified
- Putin’s Man in the Central African Republic: Is Valery Zakharov at the Heart of Russian Skulduggery?
Việt Nam refutes 'false' claim on militia deployment in East Sea have 391 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.