HÀ NỘI — Việt Á Technologies JSC, the company which has been prosecuted for overcharging RT-PCR COVID-19 tests , had imported three million quick test kits from China at less than US$1 per kit, said the General Department of Việt Nam Customs (GDVC).
The deal from China was worth VNĐ64.7 billion (US$2.8 million) in total.
Last month, the police arrested and initiated legal proceedings against Phan Quốc Việt, general director of Việt Á Technologies, for raising the price of RT-PCR COVID-19 test kits and bribery of health officials to facilitate purchases of their test kits.
According to the GDVC, Phan Quốc Việt was also named the director of 11 other companies, but only Việt Á was trading medical equipment and materials.
From 2017 to 2021, the company imported chemical materials, reagents, lab equipment, and other substances for testing with a total trade turnover of VNĐ286 billion ($12.6 million).
This includes VNĐ162 billion ($7.2 million) for quick tests and reagents, and VNĐ123 billion ($5.4 million) for equipment for laboratory use.
The GDVC is also investigating seven other companies related to Việt Á Technologies JSC: Technique Import and Export JSC (Technimex); Biomedic Science Material JSC; Việt Nam Applied Biology and Technical JSC; Lan Oanh Science Equipment Co Ltd; Việt Hoàng Long Trading Co Ltd; Vina Chemistry Biology Science Equipment Co Ltd; and TBR Technology Corporation. — VNS
- Social News In Brief 15/5
- Vietnam Journey
- Police Interceptor delivery disrupted by manufacturing problems
- The United Republic of Cinemas: AMC's Gerry Lopez reflects on a milestone merger
- Best Carry on Backpacks for Travel (2019)
- Secret Agent Man
- AP Investigation: Local fish isn't always local
- Elon Musk reportedly tells Tesla employees that they should just leave meetings or hang up the phone if it's not productive
- An Amazon Echo recorded a family's conversation, then sent it to a random person in their contacts, report says
- 5 Best CBD Oil Companies to Buy From in 2019
- The Smartphone Wars Are Over
- Breakout Year: New theatre technologies at CinemaCon expand the moviegoing experience
- Holiday treats: FJI previews end-of-the-year movie fare
- ShoWest Tech: Cinema technology companies feel the impact of 'Avatar'
- Ukraine Is Just The Beginning: Welcome To The Age Of Shadow Wars
- How to protect your health in polluted places
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- The buzz network: Online marketing finds new ways to engage moviegoers
- Strategy to refocus US aviation
Việt Á imported 3 million COVID quick test kits from China at less than US$1 apiece: VN customs have 407 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.