HÀ NỘI — Due to the adverse impacts of COVID-19 , the total number of ships passing through seaports in Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu Province decreased in 2021. However, the number using Cái Mép – Thị Vải increased in both the number of vessels and the volume of goods compared to those in 2020, according to the Vũng Tàu Maritime Administration.
The total number of ships passing through seaports in the province was around 90,100, down 5 per cent year-on-year, but Cái Mép – Thị Vải port accounted for about 11,300 of these, up 2 per cent.
The total volume of goods passing through seaports was at more than 113 million tonnes, up 0.37 per cent. Cái Mép – Thị Vải hit nearly 105 million tonnes, up 2 per cent year-on-year. In particular, the total volume of container cargo through the port reached about 8.35 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units), up 11 per cent against the previous year.
In 2021, Cái Mép – Thị Vải port cluster received more than 1,320 large container ships, between 80,000 to 214,000 deadweight tonnage, a year-on-year rise of 1 per cent. — VNS
- Change overdue in port infrastructure
- France-Viet Nam waterway shipping route inaugurated
- Cyprus shipping industry ready for blockchain
- WATCH: Huge cruise ship squeezes through tiny canal of Corinth in historic moment
- SCIC to auction nearly 53 per cent of An Giang Port's capital
- Shipping companies 'will dodge UN emissions regulations' by dumping toxic waste into oceans across the world instead of out their engine exhausts
- Victoria mayor, councillors propose limiting cruise ships to protect environment
- Caribbean coral reef could be destroyed to make way for cruise ships in the Cayman Islands
- International Shipping Companies in US
- Shipping Company International
- What is the Role of a Shipping Consultant?
- Guidelines to Prepare Your Ship Before Marine Painting
- 'A good response keeps you on an even keel emotionally'
- Victoria mayor calls for regulation of cruise ship industry to reduce emissions and waste
- Ships are illegally dumping plastic trash at sea, study suggests
- Carnival Corp to bring its biggest ship to Miami Port
- World’s first hydrogen-powered ship docks in London
- Free ports plan fuelling post-Brexit jobs fears in Devon
- Draft EU migration deal has fatal flaw, warns ship captain
- Mapped: The destinations cracking down on polluting cruise ships
Ships and goods through Cái Mép – Thị Vải port up 2 per cent in 2021 have 373 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.