Hanoi (VNA) – Despite difficulties due to COVID-19 , Samsung Vietnam earned 74.2 billion USD in revenue last year, up 14 percent annually.
The company's export value, meanwhile, hit 65.5 billion USD, up 16 percent on year, according to its 2021 business report released on January 19.
Samsung Vietnam attributed the outcomes to its plants' serious implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures in line with regulations of the Vietnamese Government, particularly after the fourth wave of outbreaks began late April.
The company said it received comprehensive support from the Government and the authorities in localities where its factories are located, thus avoiding interruption to their operation.
Also in 2021, over 4 million Samsung foldable phones were sold worldwide, 4 times that the volume recorded in 2020. Currently, more than 50 percent of Samsung phone products are produced in Vietnam. Smart mobile phones manufactured at Samsung factories in the nation are being exported to 128 countries and territories around the world.
Director General of Samsung Vietnam Choi Joo-ho said in response to the assistance of the Vietnamese Government, his firm will not change its business strategy for the country.
By the end of 2021, Samsung Vietnam ‘s total accumulated investment capital hit 18 billion USD, 102 percent higher than the approved investment capital in 2020./.
- Indonesia targets to attract 13 billion USD to bauxite processing
- Leather product, footwear exports likely to fetch 21.5 billion USD
- Japanese investors pour 4.2 billion USD into Dong Nai province
- Japan set to invest more multi-billion-USD projects in Vietnam
- Vietnam targets 4.5 billion USD from farm produce exports by 2020
- Indonesia’s export turnover hits 15.58 billion USD in March
- Agro-forestry-fishery export hits 8.7 billion USD in Q1
- Binh Phuoc licenses 19 projects totalling 1 billion USD
- Firms issue total 7.7 billion USD worth of bonds
- Firms issue 7.71 billion USD worth of bonds in 10 months
- Companies issue 7.7 billion USD worth of bonds in nine months
- Indonesia earmarks over 1 billion USD for disaster fund
- Vinh Phuc: Revenue of supporting-industry firms surges 8 percent
- Vietnam needs to target halal markets
- Footwear, handbag exports reel in nearly 14.5 bln USD in eight months
- Vietnam, Indonesia bolster cooperation in trade, investment
- Vietnam ensures power supply for businesses
- Expo Vietnam-Russia 2019 attracts 500 enterprises
- Bright signs in Vietnam - Czech Republic trade
- Rice export revenue suffers from price drop
Samsung Vietnam’s 2021 revenue exceeds 74.2 billion USD have 355 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.