AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Apple may be testing a new iPad Pro model with a glass Apple logo, reportedly as a way to bring MagSafe to the tablet lineup without ditching the aluminum backplate.
However, Apple reportedly has concerns with the entire back being glass, which would make the device more fragile. As a workaround, 9to5Mac reported on Friday that the company is testing at least one prototype with a larger Apple logo on the rear made of glass.
It’s through this supposed glass Apple logo that the rumored iPad Pro model with transmit power via MagSafe. The site also notes that the iPad would sport “stronger magnets” and faster wireless charging than the iPhone .
Apple has never had an iPad model with wireless charging support. Previous reports have suggested that Apple would bring MagSafe to its tablet lineup through a “glass sandwich” design.
A glass surface as large as an iPad’s rear brings its own host of structural issues. There are also structural and engineering problems with a glass surface embedded into a material with different characteristics..
- Rumor: Large 'iPad Pro' to Include Stylus, NFC, USB-C
- New iPad Pros in 2019? Here's everything we know about Apple's next tablet
- Apple said to be unveiling iPad Pro during next week's event
- Report: Updated iPad Pro to Ditch Home Button
- Apple slams PCs in new iPad Pro ad campaign
- iPhone 6S, Apple TV 2015 and iPad Pro: All the cool stuff Apple just announced
- Rumor: iPad Air 3? Try 9.7-Inch iPad Pro
- Why the iPhone SE, New iPad Pro Matter
- Why the larger iPad Pro is a no-show this year
- Rumor: New iPads may finally ditch the home button
- Apple could be planning 10.5-inch iPad Pro for 2017, flexy OLED iPad for 2018
- iPhone SE, iPad Pro 9.7-inch and more: Everything Apple just announced
- Apple iPad Pro vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Power Tablets Compared
- Apple's iPad Pro event: A good day, a sad day for Microsoft
- iPad Pro Smart Keyboard goes cosmopolitan with international language options
- Unboxing the new Apple iPad Pro
- Microsoft CEO laughs at Apple for making iPad Pro like Surface
- iPad Pro vs. Surface Pro: Which One Gets the Job Done?
- Apple iPad Pro (10.5 inch)
- iPad 2018 vs. iPad Pro: Which should you buy?
Rumors claims next iPad Pro will have a glass Apple logo for MagSafe have 456 words, post on appleinsider.com at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.