HÀ NỘI — After more than 30 days of reopening its doors to international visitors with COVID-19 vaccine passports on a trial basis, Phú Quốc Island off Kiên Giang Province has welcomed almost 1,000 foreign tourists.
The travellers came from Thailand, the Republic of Korea, Laos, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, according to the provincial Department of Tourism.
The nearly 1,000 international tourists included the first group who travelled to Phú Quốc on November 20 last year, while four groups of other visitors flew to the island onboard their private aircraft.
Kiên Giang is one of five localities to get the green light from the government to welcome back fully immunised tourists from November onwards, alongside Quảng Nam, Khánh Hoà, Quảng Ninh and Đà Nẵng.
Kiên Giang Province had earlier planned to carry out the first phase of the pilot program to welcome foreign tourists to Phú Quốc until March 20 this year, but the province has changed its plan and started the second phase of the pilot program from this month.
In the second phase of the pilot plan, the province will allow eight more hotels, lodging facilities and resorts to participate, raising the total number to 18.
Kiên Giang's tourism department is continuing with promotion programmes in foreign markets on the reopening of the resort island. — VNS
- Pilot opening of Phu Quoc island to foreign visitors approved
- Hong Kong eyes travel resumption with Phu Quoc Island
- Phu Quoc Island to receive foreign travelers from October
- Best things to see and do on Vietnam's Phu Quoc island from pepper farms to Coconut Tree Prison
- Phu Quoc, HCM City, Hanoi among world’s 100 greatest places
- Phu Quoc among world’s 100 greatest places
- US may require foreign visitors be vaccinated
- Phu Quoc, Hanoi, HCM City among world’s 100 greatest places
- U.S. To Require Foreign Visitors To Be Fully Vaccinated
- EXCLUSIVE U.S. developing plan to require foreign visitors to be vaccinated -official
- US developing plan to require foreign visitors to be vaccinated–official
- White House confirms U.S. may require foreign visitors be vaccinated
- White House confirms US may require foreign visitors be vaccinated
- US making plan to require foreign visitors to be vaccinated
- Vietnamese tourism strives to reopen for business
- As the pandemic recedes in some parts of the world, and rages in others, countries weigh options to reopen travel
- US working on plan to reopen to fully vaccinated foreigners
- U.S. Reports Nearly 50,000 New Coronavirus Cases, Another Single-Day Record
- Trudeau: Canada Is Working On A Phased Reopening — But Only For Vaccinated Visitors
- Cash splash on Kangaroo Island after bushfire and coronavirus blows
Phú Quốc Island welcomes nearly 1,000 foreign visitors after one month of reopening have 438 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 19, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.