HCM CITY — The Trung Lương-Mỹ Thuận Expressway between Tiền Giang Province and Cần Thơ City in the Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta is scheduled to open to traffic on January 21.
Nguyễn Tấn Đông, general director of the BOT Trung Lương-Mỹ Thuận Joint Stock Company, the main contractor, said the main road and connecting roads were basically complete.
They cost more than VNĐ12 trillion (US$519 million).
Construction began in 2009 and was expected to be finished in 2013, but the work was postponed several times due to lack of funds and changes in investment policies.
BOT Trung Lương-Mỹ Thuận Joint Stock Company came into the picture in 2019, and worked hard to ensure the expressway opened on schedule despite the difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The expressway has a length of 51.5km and four lanes.
It is part of the eastern section of the North-South Expressway.
The expressway, which is an extension of the existing HCM City-Trung Lương Expressway, together with the under-construction Mỹ Thuận-Cần Thơ Expressway will enable smooth transport from HCM City to Cần Thơ City.
It will shorten travel between the cities to two hours from the current three to four hours. — VNS
- Sa Dec village, flower capital of the Mekong Delta
- Enjoy a stunning river cruise from Vietnam to Cambodia on the Mekong Delta
- New Jersey’s ‘Dream’ mall a traffic nightmare
- Mekong dams threaten food and security
- Here's what Delta Township can do to help save the Lansing Mall
- Indy Airport Sees Record Passenger Traffic
- The Drive: New Hwy. 65 intersections aim to improve safety
- New Keahuolu Courthouse opens Tuesday
- Protestors heckle New Haven pride march
- Gander, New Foundland: 9/11 fear sent scores of jets to Canada
- Japan pledges billions to Mekong states to counter China
- Proposed Las Vegas underpass could cut down traffic near UNLV
- Niger Delta: Nigeria’s oil-rich powder keg
- Five takeaways from Minneapolis’ new plan to boost street safety
- Henderson’s historic Water Street receives new life
- New York theater loses sponsors over Trump 'assassination' scene
- Interstate 35 flyover bridge in Ames now open
- Review: ‘Gears of War 5’ uses past to set path for its future
- China acts to combat pollution and traffic chaos
- German air traffic controllers set to strike
New expressway to Mekong Delta set to open to traffic have 389 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.