Speaking at a press teleconference, Philippine Undersecretary of Health Maria Rosario Vergeire warned that the number of new infection cases may peak from late January to mid-February.
Also according to the ministry, the country logged record 39,004 new cases on January 15 and 280,813 are under treatment. The Philippines now ranks second in Southeast Asia in terms of infections and deaths, behind Indonesia, with over 3.16 million cases and around 53,000 fatalities.
The same day, Malaysian Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin said quarantine period for COVID-19 patients will now vary based on their vaccination status and if they are showing symptoms.
Those who are symptomatic or have not received their second dose of vaccine must undergo a mandatory 10-day quarantine.
For asymptomatic patients who have got two doses of vaccine but yet a booster shot, the quarantine is seven days, he said, adding that this number goes down to five days if the asymptomatic patients have already received their booster shot.
- ANOTHER 79 coronavirus cases are confirmed on quarantined cruise ship as Britons on board are told to stay put or risk being banned from UK evacuation flights, while others are let off
- Deaths in China from coronavirus top 1,300 with big jump in cases as country expands diagnosis
- Virus cases surge after China revises way count is tallied
- China coronavirus cases pass 70,500 as WHO mission gets underway
- Millions to be told 'stay at home' if coronavirus spreads: ANYONE with flu-like symptoms could be told to stay off work for a fortnight under dramatic new plans – as SIXTH Briton is infected after Alps trip
- Evacuation flight carrying 32 British and European passengers evacuated from the coronavirus-riddled Diamond Princess takes off with less than HALF of the 78 UK nationals trapped on the cruise ship as officials admit some have refused to get on plane
- Home at last... but straight to quarantine: British and Irish evacuees flash OK and heart signs as they arrive at Arrowe Park Hospital for two-week containment ordeal after 20-day hell on Diamond Princess plague ship
- Vietnam to reboot the economy after novel coronavirus damage
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 13
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES TODAY
- 'It sounds like heaven': Britons mock dramatic Government coronavirus advice that could see MILLIONS told to stay at home and take 14 days off work if they have flu-like symptoms
- Coronavirus death toll tops 1,800 as 780 million remain on lockdown in China
- Chinese restaurants are losing business over coronavirus fears. An Australian social media campaign wants to change that
- Xi Jinping says battle against coronavirus making "visible progress" as death toll passes 2,000
- Coronavirus vaccine could be available 'within months', claims Oxford University scientist whose team is 'rapidly' working out how to stop the disease
- China, ASEAN pledge to jointly overcome difficulties: State Councilor Wang Yi
- British coronavirus cruise ship airlift is DELAYED: Flight to rescue 74 UK nationals trapped on infection-riddled Diamond Princess is pushed back a day because of 'logistical complications'
- '78 Brits, what the hell do they matter? They forgot us': Honeymooner who caught coronavirus on doomed Diamond Princess blasts botched government evacuation and tells how his wife is 'struggling' on ship
- Coronavirus outbreak: Two cruise ship passengers die, video game industry hit hard
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 23
New COVID-19 cases in Philippines reach all-time high have 508 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.