Vientiane (VNA) – The daily number of COVID-19 cases in Laos returned to the 4-digit level with 1,281 infections reported over the past 24 hours after four days of maintaining the increase rate at the 3-digit level.
Notably, northern Xayabouly province has recorded the most new cases with 606 infections, followed by the capital city of Vientiane with 227 cases.
At present, the national tally of infections in Laos reaches 127,347, including 507 deaths.
The Lao authorities are speeding up vaccination s for children aged 12 and older.
The Lao government set a goal to give vaccines against COVID-19 to at least 80 percent of its population in 2022.
Meanwhile, the Philippines recorded at least two deaths and 492 new cases related to the Omicron variant on January 19.
The capital city of Manila with a population of over 13 million people, reported the most new Omicron infections in the community with 227 cases.
The Southeast Asian nation has so far detected a total of 535 Omicron-related infections.
It is exerting efforts to prevent the 4th wave of COVID-19 outbreak in the context that the number of new cases peaked this month due to the rapidly spread of Omicron and Delta variants./.
- Car finance report 2018: record debt for new and used cars
- ‘All It Takes Is One Bad Batch Of Fentanyl’: Synthetic Opioids Drive Double-Digit Increase In Fatal Overdoses In U.S.
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategies: An Airbnb Case Study
- Supreme Court Orders New Hearing in Case of Texas Inmate’s Racially Biased Death Sentence
- Readers And Tweeters Chime In On Investigation Of Electronic Health Records
- New York Times boss Mark Thompson: 'When it comes to news, Facebook still doesn’t get it'
- Digital Homicide, Jim Sterling, Lawyers, Slander, And A Lesson In Legality
- We Are Singing Stardust: Carl Sagan on the Story of Humanity’s Greatest Message and How the Golden Record Was Born
- Edited Transcript of DECK earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- The McLaren Speedtail Sets A New Company Standard That Will Be Hard To Beat @ Top Speed
- 10 Digital Marketing Conferences That Are Perfect For Newbies
- In fascinating legal case, judge rules defendants can't be forced to unlock their smartphones
- Bruce Clay's Predictions for Digital Marketing in 2018
- Top 20+ WordPress Themes for Digital Businesses
- The 2020 Mini Clubman Has A New Look @ Top Speed
- The Black Renaissance Is Real: HBCUs See Record Growth in 2017
- Supreme Court Adopts New Privacy Rules for Cellphone Tracking
- All-new Kia K900 Landed in New York
- How to Remove Legal Case Article Listings from Google
- Nonstop Metropolis: An Atlas of Maps Reclaiming New York’s Untold Stories and Unseen Populations
Laos records 4-digit increase in new COVID-19 cases again have 420 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 19, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.