HCM CITY – The HCM City People's Committee has decided that students in kindergarten and from first to sixth grades can return to school from February 14.
But schools need to get the consent of students' parents and caregivers.
Those who do not attend school can continue to study online.
Schools must prepare carefully for the reopening, offer training in pandemic safety to their teachers and other staff and hold discussions with parents about safety measures by February 13.
Local pandemic prevention and control steering committees are responsible for monitoring the implementation of safety measures by schools.
Nguyễn Minh Tuấn, owner of Ngôi Làng Vui Vẻ Kindergarten in Bình Thạnh District, was quoted by Người Lao Động (Labourer) newspaper as saying his school did a survey and found 70 per cent of parents agreeing to send their children to school.
The rest want to send their children in March after assessing the situation post-Tết, according to Tuấn.
Tuấn said 20 per cent of his staff returned to their hometowns and found stable jobs, and so his school had to hire replacements before reopening.
Lương Thị Hồng Điệp, head of the city Department of Education and Training's preschool education division, said many schools, particularly in outlying districts, faced a shortage of teachers.
It had suggested that district authorities should encourage retired teachers to return to work and helped pre-school teachers who lost their jobs to move to private preschools that were looking to hire.
According to data from the department, some 12,000 teachers and officials lost their jobs due to the pandemic, including 10,000 at the preschool level.
More than 150 private preschools have shut down or are in the process of doing so. — VNS
- HCM City includes school textbooks on list of essential items for transport during social distancing
- HCM City public schools exempt tuition fees for first semester
- Newborns with Covid-19-infected mothers taken care by volunteers in HCM City
- Students In Minneapolis Return To Classrooms With Masks Required
- 6,600 students in HCM City have tested positive for Covid-19
- 77,000 students in HCM City still lack either internet access or electronic devices
- Some Anxiety As Many Students Prepare For Return To Classrooms
- Classes begin on Monday for grades 6-12 in HCM City
- Covid-19: 'Very few' students back at most schools in alert level 3
- Springfield Public Schools: Welcome Back, Ball Charter Students!
- Anne Arundel County Public School: 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR FEATURES FULL RETURN OF STUDENTS TO SCHOOL BUILDINGS
- Spring Education Group Celebrates New School Openings in 2021
- School Year Begins For Many Minnesota Students
- Families Across The Region Share How They Prepared For First Day Of School
- What we know about Ontario’s plans to send kids back to school
- From the bus stop to after-school activities, here's how kids can help stay safe during this Delta variant surge
- 12 of the 20 biggest school districts now require masks in schools. The others can't because of mask mandate bans
- Timing to buses: How schools in Delhi will reopen their doors after over a year
- Klein Independent School District: Outstanding Klein ISD Students Participate In 2021 Lone Star Leadership Academy Camps
- As Telangana schools reopen, bridge courses help dropouts return to classrooms
Kindergarten and first-sixth-grade students in HCM City to return to schools on February 14 have 543 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.