The annual program was intended to promote Vietnam's Tet (lunar New Year) festival to international friends.
Unlike the two previous versions that had highlighted the Tet holiday in Vietnam's northern region, this year's event introduced culture and cuisines of the southwestern region to foreign friends.
Among the foreign guests were Consul General of the Netherlands in Ho Chi Minh City Daniel Stork; Consul General of India in HCM City Madan Mohan Sethi and his spouse; Acting Consul General of Thailand in HCM City Natthapol Na Songkhla and his spouse; Deputy Consul General of Panama in HCM City and Chairman of the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam Michele D’Ercole; Executive Director of the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam Delphine Rousselet; and Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Portugal-Vietnam Sérgio Pereira da Silva and his spouse, among others.
They put on “Ao dai” (Vietnamese traditional long dress) and participated in traditional cultural activities like making Chung cake, writing couplets and listening to folk songs. They were also treated to traditional dishes.
Trang Le said the international friends were very excited to wear the Vietnamese traditional long dress and join such cultural activities.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Vietnam, EU sign Framework Participation Agreement
- 5 Ideas For Eco Friendly Summer Fun
- Inspiring, celebrating and connecting young entrepreneurs and leaders
- Saigontourist introduces southern delicacies at food festival
- Printing, packaging products, technologies displayed at Vietnam Print Pack 2019
- Vietnam to choose local investors for North-South expy project for greater security
- Celebrate the Fourth of July in South West Florida's City of Naples
- Dracula's birthplace: how Whitby is celebrating the count's anniversary
- South African man 'who filmed himself torturing, raping and then killing a woman in Alaska hotel room' is indicted on eight felony charges as FBI joins expanding investigation
- What's on February 26-March 4 (Daily updated)
- The Vinh Moc Tunnels of Vietcong Attract Tourists
- Pho for fertility: Saigon pho house adds special ingredients to juice up broth
- Supplier Day in Hanoi connects local exporters with US partners
- Man who’s seen it all
- What's on July 9-15 (Daily updated)
International friends join Tet celebration in southern Vietnam have 367 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.