Rising demand for so-called quiet fireworks has been reported as the Lunar New Year nears.
Long queues of people waiting to buy quiet fireworks at Z121 Factory in Phu Tho Province
While Vietnam has banned the production, trade and use of firecrackers which used to be popular during the Tet Festival, quiet fireworks are allowed as they are safe, do not make loud bangs and do not affect the environment.
The state-owned Z121 Factory has a monopoly on the production and distribution of fireworks in Vietnam and is introducing some types of quiet fireworks and sparklers. Demand for these products is usually very high in the run-up to Tet.
According to the company, they have set up 60 points to sell their products besides online channels this year. Even its headquarters in Phu Tho Province are seeing long queues.
Meanwhile, the company’s website has been unable to be accessed for the past few days.
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has asked cities and provinces nationwide to cancel fireworks displays celebrating Tet at public places this year as concerns rise over a possible Covid-19 spike.
Setting off firecrackers, a long-standing Vietnamese tradition, is illegal out of concern for public safety.
- The 8 best places you can spend your 2019 New Year
- The 8 best places to spend New Year in 2019
- Call for shops to close on New Year’s Day
- Toilet roll maker to create 50 new jobs due to 'high demand'
- BR ANALYSIS. High-end homes get new concept: affordable luxury
- Demand High for Housing in New Eco-Friendly Neighbourhood
- Rail journeys at record high after falling in previous year
- New space race forces firm to accelerate mission
- Council staff to track Airbnb ads to block breaches of new rules
- Dublin Port in a storm: anatomy of a busy year
- Grant Thornton's new office "symbolises agility"
- Construction workers set to get 5pc pay rise within two years
- Documented 1975 Moonquake Shows Lunar Surface Shaped by Tremors
- Electric car sales charge ahead with record monthly demand
- Final touches are being made to new Penwortham arts centre
- New vegetarian cake shop opens in Derby
- Tesco quietly building support for online sales tax
- Property market demand still high
- Worldwide Demand for Engineers Is on the Rise for Good Reasons
- The 100-year-old peace treaty that still shapes our world
High demand for quiet Lunar New Year fireworks have 363 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.