According to a report by real estate services provider DKRA Vietnam on the housing market in 2021, a total of 10,749 apartments were sold in the city, compared with 15,200 units in 2020, and nearly 23,000 units in 2019, and 25,000-36,000 units a year in the 2015-2018 period. The sales last year accounted for 79 percent of the supply.
The situation of higher prices and lower liquidity resulted from the thin supply, the report said. Investors have gradually shifted to high-end and luxury housing segments, ignoring the affordable segment, it added.
The higher apartment prices on the primary market were also based on escalated input costs.
Last year, 22 real estate projects, nine new and new phases of 13 operational ones, launched 13,583 apartments, down 23 percent against 2020. Both supply and demand decreased sharply against previous years to the lowest since 2015, the report said.
Grade A (high-end) apartments continued to lead the market, accounting for 72 percent of supply and 69 percent of sales.
It was the third consecutive year that the market saw a scarcity of Grade C apartments priced under VND30 million ($1,300) per square meter. Meanwhile, super-luxury apartments established a new price level of nearly VND400 million per square meter.
According to DKRA Vietnam, HCMC's apartment market faced the biggest difficulties in more than half a decade last year, including supply-demand mismatch (excess of high-end apartments but shortage of low-cost ones), unsolved problems in project licensing procedures and Covid-19 outbreaks.
The thin supply of apartments pushed prices up and the complicated pandemic situation reduced demand among those wanting to buy apartments to live in or as investments.
The firm forecast that if the pandemic is brought under control like in the fourth quarter of last year, the economy continues to recover and legal problems related to project licensing are resolved, housing supply and demand will improve. However, reducing housing prices will remain a challenge because land prices are rising, and material prices as well as financial, construction and sales costs have increased.
- So whose mince pies are guaranteed to make Christmas sparkle? Experts taste-test the best festive treats on sale this year... and the High Street beats Harrods and Fortnum & Mason!
- The Black Friday sales are coming! 7 fun facts about the history of Black Friday and why Aussies will be going crazy for the sales this year
- HCMC praises 86 good Laotian, Cambodian students
- 31 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From Madewell to Sunday Riley
- 42 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From Barbour to Le Labo
- Add to cart: Millennials turn art lovers, ditch auction houses for online sales
- Massive Brisbane apartment project revealed as race for riverfront heats up
- Phu My Hung develops first all-duplex apartment project in HCM City
- Early Black Friday deals: Apple Airpods drop to their lowest price yet on Amazon
- Better check the plumbing! Michael Clarke lists his Bondi apartment - where his ex Lara Bingle flushed THAT engagement ring - for sale with a whopping $8million price tag
- Property prices plummet by up to 8 per cent in just ONE year – but there's a reason why homeowners shouldn't panic
- Festive sale! Not just online, it's raining deals, discounts at offline stores as well
- China's economic growth slumps to lowest in 27 years as the trade war hits
- 4 Years After Sandy Hook, Obama Has Made Little Progress on Gun Laws
- LG, Mi and other LED Smart TVs at up to 50% discount in the Amazon sale
- From Samsung to Realme: Flipkart's latest smartphone sale is offering big discounts many handsets
- Alibaba eyes another record Singles' Day sale
- Dancing With The Stars: Evanna Lynch credits JK Rowling with saving her life on Memorable Year Night
- Surry Hills ‘Small House’: Former World House of the Year-winning home is back on the market
- Former Rabbitoh George Burgess scores $3m for Randwick apartment he bought for $2.6m
HCMC apartment sales lowest in six years have 616 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.