The Deputy PM appreciated the efforts, kindness, and unrelenting working spirit of medical workers at the Vung Tau hospital in caring for and treating COVID-19 patients., while calling for greater effort of the provincial health sector for the work in the coming time.
In his meeting with officers and soldiers at the provincial military command, Deputy PM Minh highlighted the achievements of the armed forces in Ba Ria – Vung Tau in safeguarding the national borders, sea and islands, and national sovereignty, as well as in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
He underlined the need for the forces to keep up combat readiness during the holiday to ensure the safety for people.
On the occasion, Deputy PM Minh visited and presented gifts to Vietnamese Heroic Mother Tran Thi Luong in Long Phuoc commune, and Hero of People’s Armed Forces Nguyen Van Tron in Phuoc Hiep ward, in Ba Ria city; and policy beneficiary families, disadvantaged households and workers in Phu My town who are facing difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Joining in the Government and society’s efforts to bring a warm Tet holiday to the needy, the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs of the Mekong Delta province of Ben Tre in coordination with the People's Committee of Giong Trom district held a program to present gifts to children with difficult circumstances and poor people in the district.
Accordingly, 400 gift packages worth 1.5 million VND (66 USD) raised from donors were handed over to disadvantaged children in Chau Hoa, Chau Binh, Phong Nam and Luong Quoi communes.
The Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Company (Vinamilk) donated 1,200 milk boxes as gifts to 285 children of Chau Hoa Kindergarten.
Besides, Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) also presented 2 billion VND (over 88,000 USD) to the Vietnam Fatherland Front's chapter in Ben Tre province to support the social security work in the locality. Meanwhile the Ca Mau Petroleum Fertilizer Joint Stock Company (PVCFC) – a subsidiary of the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group, donated 100 gift packages worth 1 million VND each to poor households in Giong Trom district.
Speaking at the event, Chairwoman of the VFF's chapter in Ben Tre Nguyen Thi Hong Nhung said the locality has 35,000 households living under and just above the poverty line, while more than 5,000 social policy beneficiary households are facing difficulties.
According to its plan, the chapter will present about 40,000 gifts worth 300,000-500,000 VND each to policy families and poor households in the province to help them enjoy a happy Tet.
- Vietnam, China told to perfect land border management mechanisms
- Vietnam, China celebrate 20th anniversary of land border treaty signing
- Tay Ninh's historical and cultural riches waiting to be explored
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — August 24
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 16
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 14
- HCM City to gift nearly VND79 billion to revolution contributors
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 17
- M&A offers solution for developers in pandemic
- Reporters accused of extortion receive prison sentences
- SCG - Three decades for quality of life in Vietnam
- 173 hotels register to serve as quarantine areas
- EVN makes plans for crucial year
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 18
- Con Dao from “hell on earth” to “tourist paradise”
- Foreign ship opens fire on local fishing boat in Vietnam’s waters
- Vietnam calls off $390mn loan from ADB for Saigon metro line
- Viet Nam, India hold 17th Joint Commission's Meeting
- Vietnam cancels ADB loan for HCMC’s second metro line
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 25
Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh pays Tet visit to Ba Ria – Vung Tau have 569 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.