The deputy defense minister was accompanied by Lt. Gen. Nguyen Van Nghia, Deputy Chief of the General Staff.
During the visit, General Cuong inspected combat readiness status at Brigade 162 of Naval Region 4 and Factory X52 of the Naval Service.
Briefed on the naval region's task performance over the past year, especially in safeguarding the national sovereignty over sea and islands and fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic, General Cuong applauded the unit's achievements.
He underlined that the regional troops have made great efforts to fulfill contents and requests of combat readiness shifting, improve training quality and master new weapons and equipment. In addition, they have maintained forces and vehicles for combat readiness, search and rescue missions, grasped all situations in the assigned areas and supported local fishermen.
The deputy defense minister required the naval region to continue heightening vigilance, maintaining combat readiness, and grasping all situations, contributing to dealing with unexpected situations. He urged the unit's leadership to ensure a happy and cozy Tet festival for troops while implementing COVID-19 prevention and control measures.
On behalf of the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defense, General Cuong presented Tet gifts to the naval region and its 12 needy servicemen.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Military units fulfill assigned mission during Tet
- State agencies try to increase hog herds for Tet holiday consumer demand
- Vietjet brings cosy Tet to 1,000 children
- Phase 2 of Quad nations' Malabar naval exercise begins today
- Military Region 9 holds live-fire exercise
- Merkel says she's taking care of herself. But what should we know about a leader's health?
- Vietjet brings a cosy Tet to 1,000 children
- China's Power Play in Djibouti: First Step to Great Naval Power Status?
- US ready to boost arms supplies to Ukraine naval and air forces, envoy says
- Iran's supreme leader vows revenge over slain scientist
- Coast Guard Region 1 presents gifts to island troops and people
- Australia, Japan to bolster defense ties amid China’s rise
- Roundup: Ethiopian army announces capture of strategic areas in various fronts of Tigray region
- Meaningful gifts to flood-affected people
- Ethiopian army discloses capture of cities in Tigray region
- Ecological disaster as Japanese carrier spills 1,000 tonnes of crude oil on pristine beaches of Mauritius - as country's leader warns cracks in the ship are growing and they fear it could break in half
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the UAE Embassy in Washington, DC - Dems push McConnell on COVID-19 relief; Grassley contracts COVID-19
- America's role as global leader all but died under Trump. The world was outgrowing it anyway
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 24 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 27 (updated hourly)
Defense leader presents Tet gifts to Naval Region 4 have 421 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.