Da Nang has surpassed 14 other Vietnamese provinces and cities with significant tourism activities to take the top position in the first edition of the Vietnam Tourism Competitiveness Index.
The 2021 rankings, published by the National Tourism Advisory Board and the Private Economic Development Research Board on Tuesday, measured 15 tourist destinations across Vietnam based on various criteria.
Da Nang, Quang Ninh, Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam, and Thua Thien-Hue have reported the highest scores.
According to Kai Partale, an EU project specialist, Da Nang takes the lead for its high safety, willingness to deploy sophisticated information and communications technologies, and tourist priority level.
The central city has also won recognition for environmental sustainability and transport infrastructure, owing to its convenient access via air travel.
Speaking at the announcement ceremony, Nguyen Van Hung, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, said that the Vietnam Tourism Competitiveness Index would help local residents understand more about their regions.
Besides that, the index is a scientific criteria tool to help the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism improve management and support and enhance its role in the tourism industry.
He also said that the above-mentioned 15 cities are expected to be chosen as leading post-COVID tourism destinations.
According to Truong Gia Binh, head of the Private Economic Research Development Board, if Vietnam opens its doors completely to international tourism on April 30, the chance of Vietnam’s tourism rising to the top will be high, and it is poised to become the top choice for tourists in the region.
“Other Asian nations still delay tourism reopening, and this is our chance,” Binh said.
“Our reopening slogan is safety, flexibility, and efficiency, so collaborating with professionals, physicians, and the Ministry of Health is critical to successfully resuming our tourism activities.”
Similarly, a representative of Quang Nam Province advocated full opening to foreign travelers on May 1 since the province’s infrastructure, vaccination coverage, and enterprises have been ready.
Regarding the proposal, Nguyen Van Hung, Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, said that Vietnam’s tourism is divided into two major parts: inbound and outbound.
However, everyone agrees that only the inbound segment can make great contributions to Vietnam’s economy.
“Businesses and localities want to accelerate the process of welcoming back foreigners,” Hung announced at the ceremony.
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism shall complete reports, gather suggestions from enterprises and communities, and follow the pandemic prevention tasks in different regions, he added.
The minister advised that from now to April 30, the localities on the selected list will continue adhering to the established requirements.
On the basis of prioritizing safety, only with the approval of the Prime Minister can Vietnam be fully open to international tourism.
- Ibiza tops list of most profitable vacation destinations in Spain
- Meet the 10 finalists of the 2019 Tourism Superstar Award
- Azerbaijan ranks 7th for development of tourism in Europe
- Algarve tourism students win national awards
- Nicholas gets top business award
- Azerbaijan in the TOP-3 of the best CIS countries for sightseeing holidays.
- Azerbaijan in TOP-3 of best CIS countries for sightseeing
- Why are the Maltese so competitive?
- Lagoa’s Seven Hanging Valleys Trail is best hike in Europe!
- Press out of Hanoi hotel as Kim checks in
- Qatar Airways wins 6 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards
- TripAdvisor reveals world's best destination
- Belarus plans to double net FDI by 2025
- Boundless energy and 'Uncle Park'
- Vietnamese carriers sign $21 bn in aviation deals with US firms
- The Monday Interview
- Easter celebrations and walking festival headline Algarve’s April agenda
- TripAdvisor names the best beaches in the world for 2019
- Dromore student, Adam, celebrates Business success
- Lisbon: Portugal’s capital of cool
Da Nang tops Vietnam’s tourism competitiveness rankings have 598 words, post on vietnamlife.tuoitrenews.vn at January 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.