Hanoi (VNA) – A young painter has released a book telling stories about water puppetry as well as the career of artisans and artists of this traditional art.
The book, "Ke chuyen tren mat nuoc" (Stories on water surface), was created by Luong Linh, a young man in Ho Chi Minh City who spent four years cruising Vietnam from the north to the south to meet insiders of the art, which has a history of over 1,000 years.
Combined with knowledge of a painter, the 144-page book not only provides an insight into the origin and secrets of the art but also introduces 184 water puppetry characters in diverse designs, from the oldest to the latest. Some designs even have never been unveiled before as they were made for new plays.
The large number of vivid and beautiful images is accompanied by simple, understandable but attractive information about water puppetry, considered the "soul" of the farming life, along with many interesting facts.
"Ke chuyen tren mat nuoc" is the second work of the "Tu sach Sieu nhan" (Superman’s bookcase) project, founded by the Sunbox non-profit organisation in HCM City with the aim of raising fund for community programmes.
Earlier, this project unveiled a book titled "Mot phuong roi nuoc" (A water puppetry troupe) by Luong Linh and Thien Loc, together with a set of water puppetry toys which were all welcomed by the public./.
- The untold story of evolution
- Mike Tyson and Mitch 'Blood Green had a notorious street-fight… but this is an untold story about another time blood was spilled
- 450-Year-Old Book Reveals What to Name a Baby Samurai
- Srikkanth had to cancel US holiday after India started winning: 83 director Kabir Khan reveals interesting stories he uncovered while making film
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the
- Death By Water by Kenzaburo Oe review – Japan’s Nobel laureate muses on memory
- Did OPRAH give Archie his birthday books? Media mogul gifts friends' children with a set of '100 essential stories' with personalised stickers on the front
- The best book we've read all year: Guardian writers and readers look back
- The best books and audiobooks of 2020 so far
- Could lockdown herald an exciting new chapter for the book trade?
- Legendary Paris bookshop reveals reading habits of illustrious clientele
- Research finds reading books has surged in lockdown
- Burgess papers reveal alternatives to notorious Earthly Powers ‘catamite’ opening
- The Books Briefing: The Antidote to Uncertainty
- England's missing saint is found: Scientists reveal skeletal remains squirrelled into the wall of Kent church belong to St Eanswythe who died 1400 years ago
- Book World: The book behind the cable series 'Mrs. America'
- 17 Historical Fiction Books That Will Immerse You In A Different Era
- Beyonce has a Destiny's Child reunion with Kelly Rowland in Los Angeles... as her father Mathew Knowles promotes his book about the 90s band
- John Waters on Little Richard: ‘He Was the First Punk. He Was the First Everything’
- Lana Del Rey reveals she bought her silver Grammy dress 'last minute' at a MALL... as the singer says she is 'happy' with beau Sean Larkin
Book reveals untold stories about water puppetry have 548 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.