The discussion aims to find solutions to use energy and reduce the human impact on the environment.
Many creative ideas have been raised and discussed among local and foreign experts at a webinar with the theme "Architectural solutions for ecological urban cities" held on January 15.
|Delegates attend the webinar. Photo: Khanh Khanh|
Speaking at the webinar, jointly held by the Vietnam Association of Architects and Dulux Professional, Chairman of the association Phan Dang Son highlighted the role of architectural approaches in ecological urban cities.
"There is a growing demand for developing green and ecological urban cities in Vietnam. Supporting this ambition is one of our commitments made in 2012,” he added.
Currently, the process of urbanization and excessive exploitation and improvement of nature has led to a series of consequences for cities. On the other hand, the revolution in digital technology and smart technology is developing like a storm, making Vietnam is a fast-growing economy in Asia with great potential to build large-scale urban cities including ecological ones.
Son underlined this strong growth is leading to how to balance development with the impact on the natural environment, as well as requiring creative solutions from many fields such as architectural design and construction materials.
In that situation, ecological urban areas with outstanding features such as green space, green environmental quality, the harmony of urban ecology, and natural ecosystem are identified as an inevitable need for improving the quality of living space and environment according to the criteria of green, healthy and sustainable development.
Through sharing at the workshop, industry experts have clarified how to reach environmental goals, efficiently use energy, reduce human impact on the environment amongst other topics.
Some comments agreed building an ecological urban area needs to be paid attention to. This is the urban land use planning to ensure the harmony between technical and social infrastructure with green space and water surface.
The system of trees and water surface not only helps to regulate the air but also creates a landscape and increases the aesthetics of the city. However, ecological urban areas also need to have their own criteria and principles for planning as well as architecture, according to delegates.
My Lan Nguyen, General Director of Decorative Paints, AkzoNobe l Vietnam said it is an inevitable trend to build ecological urban cities, especially in the coming years as environmental issues have become more pressing as evidenced by the discussions at COP26.
"We have constantly made investments in research to produce innovative paints and coatings with sustainable features for project channels, as well as made commitments to the development of ecological urban cities," she added.
"Through this webinar, we hope to create a forum for experts to share their experiences and perspectives, from which we could achieve essential solutions for Vietnam's urban cities."
- Cities are major polluters: Can we make them climate neutral?
- HCMC announces management regulation of urban architecture
- Infrastructure Asia chief outlines Cambodia's smart city ambitions
- Cities Are the Future of Human Evolution
- HCMC to accelerate smart city projects
- Plans to revive Northwest Urban Area in HCMC
- Vietnam considering effective tools to manage real estate market
- Int’l agritech helps solve Vietnam pressing challenges in agriculture
- Vietnam aims for export growth of 6-7% in 2021-2030
- The Ocean Cleanup, Coca-Cola hand over automatic river cleanup solution to Can Tho City
- Law on Vietnam Coast Guard Force accompanies sea-based economic development
- Infra Vaani | How My Home Pune Lost the Smart City Tag, One Infra Blunder at a Time
- Saigon River Development Plan: A 3-stage plan to revitalize the attraction
- Vietnam president attends inauguration of Hung Kings Temple in Can Tho
- Saigon River Development Plan: A 3-stage revitalization scheme
- Vietnam, India to boost cooperation in tourism and trade
- HCMC desires to receive people’s opinions on general planning project
- Citi named among top 50 FIEs in Vietnam
- Will Technology Solve The Sustainability Challenge?
- Taste of Australia kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City
Architectural and planning solutions for sustainable cities in Vietnam have 644 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.