HCM CITY — All 12 COVID-19 patients in HCM City infected by the Omicron variant have been discharged from the field hospital No 12.
Nguyễn Thị Huỳnh Mai, chief of office of the city Department of Health, said, "Two of the cases had mild symptoms like runny nose and cough, while the others had no symptoms."
No one else was found infected among the more than 2,000 people who came along with the patients on the same plane or had close contact, she said.
The city has speeded up vaccination for high-risk groups including people aged over 50 with underlying health conditions. It has 639,972 such people of whom more than 7,100 remain unvaccinated.
The city on Thursday received 300,720 doses of the Spikevax/Moderna vaccine through the global COVAX Facility and distributed them to centres for disease control in various districts to be used as booster shots.
Now 4,152 patients are being treated at hospitals, with 301 requiring invasive mechanical ventilation, 18 being in critical condition and requiring ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) intervention.
Health experts encourage people who contracted COVID to get check-ups again two to six weeks after being cured.
Phan Minh Hoàng, director of the city Hospital for Rehabilitation and Occupational Diseases, said 1,050 patients are getting treatment for post-COVID conditions related to acute respiratory distress syndrome, cardiovascular diseases, brain bleeding, and sleep disorders.
The hospital has launched a phone app called 'Doctor Home' for people with post-COVID conditions to get in touch with experts. — VNS
- HCM City to improve solutions to climate change response
- Home-based medical exams popular with HCM City residents
- City reaches 12 of 18 pollution-reduction goals
- Higher hospital fees lead to improved quality
- Liverpool's hospitals are treating more coronavirus patients now than they were at the peak of the crisis in April, top doctor claims
- Delays to Covid-only care home plan could strand patients, warn England health chiefs
- Patients with mild kidney problems now on permanent dialysis
- Recovering Covid-19 patients struggle to return to normal after hospital discharge, study finds
- Overwhelmed hospital converts parking garage to treat COVID-19 patients and people line for hours to get tested as national US hospitalizations surge to record highs of 79k and daily fatalities spike to 1,800
- JICA helps Vietnamese hospitals in fight against COVID-19
- US COVID-19 hospitalizations surpass April peak with more than 130,000 cases recorded nationwide for sixth day in a row - but fatality rate is less than 1%
- Covid-19 causes DELIRIUM in one in three elderly patients — increasing their risk of death by 24%, study finds
- Mumbra: 92-year-old patient recovers from COVID-19 after a month-long battle
- Vietnam confirms 16 new imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1,281
- New coronavirus restrictions in place as record 73,000 hospitalized
- Pitt Tapped To Lead Trials Involving COVID-19 Patients And Blood Clots
- Three more Covid-19 patients discharged from Hanoi hospital
- City’s grassroots-level health facilities fail to attract patients
- Vietnam records five more imported Covid-19 patients on Monday
- Coronavirus pandemic’s third wave threatens to flood Colorado hospitals
All HCM City's Omicron patients treated, discharged from hospitals have 497 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.